latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Member's Expiration date & email notification

Home Forums Community Forum Member's Expiration date & email notification

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Aug 11th, 2013 at 4:10 am #55539
John Kost
Username: snowpar

First of all I would like to know how to insert the paid member’s expiration date, in the users admin panel. I have searched in forum but I have not found a clear answer. Pleas help me the way, or even tell me where to look in database in order to pull the information.

In addition, I would like to send auto e-mail notifications to members that their subscription will end in few days. I need your help here too.

I would appreciate a quick response please!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Aug 13th, 2013 at 4:36 am #55631
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

I’m very sorry for the delay over the weekend.

First of all I would like to know how to insert the paid member’s expiration date, in the users admin panel. I have searched in forum but I have not found a clear answer. Pleas help me the way, or even tell me where to look in database in order to pull the information.

There should be a field in the Edit User Panel that allows you to do this, near the bottom. If you click on the question mark near the field, it shows examples of how you can set the value:

In addition, I would like to send auto e-mail notifications to members that their subscription will end in few days. I need your help here too.

s2Member doesn’t have this capability yet. In order to accomplish this you would need a developer to set up custom code. I wrote a little information to get someone who’s familiar with PHP started on this here:

http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/setting-up-eot-notifications/

Posted: Tuesday Aug 13th, 2013 at 4:56 am #55637
John Kost

Bruce thank you for your reply. But I need to know how to insert the column of expiration date in the users list in order to see the date for all users. I have tried this: Adding A Sortable EOT User Column and I see an EOT column in users list, but nothing is displayed there.

I am using three subscriptions in my website with different periods, all with one s2 level. I have used separate paypal forms for each period.

Thanks!

Posted: Tuesday Aug 13th, 2013 at 5:12 am #55639
Bruce
Staff Member

I have tried this: Adding A Sortable EOT User Column and I see an EOT column in users list, but nothing is displayed there.

Is the EOT field in your Edit Users panel filled for your Users? I just tested this again and it’s working for me.

I will mention that Users don’t get an EOT date until after s2Member knows when their subscription will end. If you have a User with an active subscription, they won’t have an EOT date.

Posted: Tuesday Aug 13th, 2013 at 5:35 am #55648
John Kost

What I need is when a user buys a subscription for 1 month and his subscription ends for example in 13th Sep 2013(this is the EOT date and it is known, is that correct?), this date to be displayed in the admin users list for every user automatically, in order the site owner to know when is the expiration date for every user-member. I have pulled already the expiration date in the front-end profile page of every user and everything is working fine. But the problem is in the admin users list panel.

Posted: Thursday Aug 15th, 2013 at 9:56 pm #55959
Bruce
Staff Member

What I need is when a user buys a subscription for 1 month and his subscription ends for example in 13th Sep 2013(this is the EOT date and it is known, is that correct?), this date to be displayed in the admin users list for every user automatically, in order the site owner to know when is the expiration date for every user-member. I have pulled already the expiration date in the front-end profile page of every user and everything is working fine. But the problem is in the admin users list panel.

So in other words the EOT is not set in either place? That is to be expected. You said that you want to see when a User signs up for a 1-month subscription and the subscription ends at a date. This is what the EOT date does. It shows when a User will stop being charged for access. As long as a subscription is ongoing, there is no date for when the User’s subscription will end because it is ongoing. If you want Users to sign up for 1 month of access, non-recurring then this value will be populated. You would do that by creating Buy-Now Buttons/Pro Forms rather than Subscription Buttons/Pro Forms.

Posted: Monday Aug 19th, 2013 at 2:08 am #56142
John Kost

Now I use Paypal Pro forms for Level#1 access with the option: Paypal Pro Buy now (One time, 1 month access, non-reccurring, no trial)

So should I see the EOT autamatically? Do I use wrong form/option?

Thank you very much.

Posted: Monday Aug 19th, 2013 at 5:19 am #56148
Bruce
Staff Member

So should I see the EOT autamatically? Do I use wrong form/option?

As long as you’re not setting a trial, you should be seeing and End of Term as soon as the transaction is completed in the User’s Profile, yes.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.