latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Members keep seeing blank pages

Home Forums Community Forum Members keep seeing blank pages

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Kim Dushinski 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Feb 14th, 2013 at 7:54 am #41693

I have several members sending me emails saying that they are seeing blank pages on my site. Here is what they are saying:

I was able to log in to the IMMBN site. I found an Advanced Training Discounts link approximately 1/3 of the way down the page and clicked on it hoping that would be the link to the BOOTCAMP discount code. However, the page that loaded was blank. This is the URL that I was taken to: http://immbn.com/join-now/?_s2member_seekingtype=page&_s2member_seekingpage=1298&_s2member_seeking_uri=L2FkdmFuY2VkLXRyYWluaW5nLWRpc2NvdW50cy8%3D&_s2member_reqtype=level&_s2member_reqlevel=1&_s2member_restype=page&s2member_seeking=page-1298&s2member_level_req=1.

And another person:

I just joined IMMBN and am eager to review all the materials on the web site.

I went to the page with recordings of previous Q&A calls, and only a few of the links open the recordings. Most just go to a blank page:

http://immbn.com/qa-call-recordings/

I was able to access Oct., Nov., and Dec. 2012. the other 2012 recordings open to a blank page.

I’ve tried opening the site on various web browsers and computers and still have the same issue.

Note:
I was able to recreate this last person’s error and the page URL is: http://immbn.com/join-now/?_s2member_seeking%5Btype%5D=page&_s2member_seeking%5Bpage%5D=829&_s2member_seeking%5B_uri%5D=L3FhLWNhbGwtcmVjb3JkaW5ncy9xYS1jYWxsLWFwcmlsLTIwMTIv&_s2member_req%5Btype%5D=level&_s2member_req%5Blevel%5D=1&_s2member_res%5Btype%5D=page&s2member_seeking=page-829&s2member_level_req=1

Thanks for any help you can offer.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Feb 15th, 2013 at 4:51 am #41813
Staff Member

Thanks for reporting this important issue.

In this URL you posted…

I was able to recreate this last person’s error and the page URL is: http://immbn.com/join-now/?_s2member_seeking%5Btype%5D=page&_s2member_seeking%5Bpage%5D=829&_s2member_seeking%5B_uri%5D=L3FhLWNhbGwtcmVjb3JkaW5ncy9xYS1jYWxsLWFwcmlsLTIwMTIv&_s2member_req%5Btype%5D=level&_s2member_req%5Blevel%5D=1&_s2member_res%5Btype%5D=page&s2member_seeking=page-829&s2member_level_req=1

That is your Membership Options Page configured to work with s2Member®. s2Member will redirect people here who attempt to access content they currently do not have permission to see; based on your configuration of s2Member®. When s2Member redirects people to your Membership Options Page, it tags on what we call MOP Vars, discussed in this section of your Dashboard. See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Membership Options Page Variables (MOP Vars)

Reading the MOP Vars in that URL, the User/Member was redirected to your Membership Options Page because they attempted to view Page ID #829 which is protected at Membership Level #1. This person was redirected away from Page ID #829 because they did not have access to Membership Level #1.

It actually sounds like they should. You might take a look at this article to be sure this is not the problem.
Please see: Knowledge Base » Don't Mix www, — and Without!

Posted: Friday Feb 15th, 2013 at 8:51 am #41870

Jason:

Thanks for this answer as well. You are right, the www and no-www is an issue on my site and seems to be causing this problem. It fixes the first guy’s issue. However, the second one is strange.

The list of archived pages she was trying to access ALL start with www. She was able to access three of them, but not the others. I was able to recreate this login scenario (logging in without the www in the login page) and was also able to access two of the pages (that did go to a www page).

If I proceed to fix my site, by getting all my links with either the www or without, then I will likely wreck your ability to see this issue if you wanted to. I will try to push this fix as late in the day as possible in case you do want to take a look.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.