latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Members only pages

Home Forums Community Forum Members only pages

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Aug 22nd, 2013 at 9:10 pm #56482

I’m new to this stuff. Done lots of Dreamweaver development work and trying to switch to WordPress. Learning but get confused quickly. I’m trying to use S2Member to simply make pages on a website which are intended just for our members. I almost have it but can’t figure out how to have the login form show up. It did for a bit earlier today and i did something that made it disappear.
A question: Is S2Member a good tool for this purpose? We’re not selling anything. Is there a better plugin?

The site is http://www.novichoralaires.org.

Thanks to anyone who will get me pointed on the right path.
Dick Bayerl

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Aug 28th, 2013 at 8:26 am #58792

Well, the user will be taken to the Membership Options page when he tries to open content he doesn’t have access to. In that page you could tell the person to login or register to view that content, and link to the login or registration form. Video » s2Member Quick Start

If what you want is to have a login form in that page, instead of linking to wp-login.php, then you could use the s2Member Pro login widget. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Pro Login Widget (via PHP)[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Aug 28th, 2013 at 7:04 pm #58823

Thanks. The problem is the S2 login widget allows the user to change the profile. I don’t want that. I want to assign a user name of “ncmember” for all to use with a common pw. Is it possible to eliminate the profile change? The other problem that comes to mind is that I don’t want the login widget there for all visitors. Just when a member needs access to the private pages. And how nice if it could be used other than as a widget. Like on a static page.

Dick

Posted: Thursday Aug 29th, 2013 at 6:38 am #58837

You can use it in a WP page instead of as a regular widget. You need to use a bit of PHP, as described in the documentation: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Pro Login Widget (via PHP)[/hilite]

You can not show the link to the profile there. From the documentation: http://www.s2member.com/codex/stable/s2member/api_functions/package-functions/#src_doc_s2member_pro_login_widget%28%29

[hilite mono]"my_account_url" => "%%automatic%%"[/hilite] Full URL of your own, or use %%automatic%% for the Login Welcome Page. Leave empty to not show this at all.
[hilite mono]"my_profile_url" => "%%automatic%%"[/hilite] Full URL of your own, or use %%automatic%% for a JavaScript popup. Leave empty to not show this at all.

See also this setting: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Member Profile Modifications[/hilite]

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.