latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Members unable to login correctly

Home Forums Community Forum Members unable to login correctly

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Aug 19th, 2013 at 5:53 am #56149
Mark Howard
Username: opnes

Hi

Strange error which seems to have happend when we upgraded to the latest version of wordpress.

Before a user can login and taken to the members page. Now when a member logs in a waiting timer keeps going round and nothing happends.

If you then press F5 (screen refresh) the person is then actually logged in (although not taken to the members page).

Its almost like S2member is not connecting the user through to their account.

We are on the latest version of wordpress and the most recent version of S2 member. If anyone can help / advise it would be very much appreciated

many thanks

Mark

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Aug 19th, 2013 at 8:37 am #56155
Randy King
Username: RandyKing

Mark – I have had bizarre things like this occur; not this one specifically.

Do you code up your pages? For example, I use a crap-load of DIVs and PHP on my pages to make things go the way I want to, and sometimes I miss something like a closing double-quotes on a DIV style and everything still seems to work, but then one little thing breaks.

I have also resorted to de-activating ALL plugins except s2Member and Pro, then switching to a generic theme to see what happens. I get that on a busy site this can be a bit disastrous, so you could add a “maintenance mode” thing like this one: http://www.wprecipes.com/wordpress-tip-quick-maintenance-mode to deflect visitors during testing.

I have to say that in pretty much every case, I am the culprit. I apologize that I couldn’t offer some concrete words on your specific problem, but I recommend you try the above.

Randy

Posted: Wednesday Aug 21st, 2013 at 7:55 am #56344
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

I would say that the likely problem here is with a Plugin/Theme Conflict (as @RandyKing mentioned). However I have also seen things such as this happen with special Apache rules on your server causing random errrors, or with Mod-Security.

See: Knowledge Base » Mod Security, Random 503/403 Errors

If using the information that Randy does not work, then I would suggest contacting your server provider to see if they can help. :-)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.