latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Members Welcome Page Link in Menu

Home Forums Community Forum Members Welcome Page Link in Menu

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Feb 19th, 2013 at 11:04 pm #42547

I want to have a link in my my Main Navigation Menu named “Members Area” and I want it to link to the logged in members welcome page based on their current level. I have already set up 5 different custom welcome pages for my 5 different levels (0,1,2,3,4) and have used the custom URL in the Login Welcome Page General Settings area of s2members settings (http://www.example.com/%%current_user_login%%-account-page). I thought that I would be able to make a custom links menu item in wordpress to create a menu item linking to the same link (http://www.example.com/%%current_user_login%%-account-page) however it does not seem to be working. How do I manage to allow my users to easily find their welcome page. I prefer to do it through a menu link but if you have another solution I am open to suggestion. Thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Feb 20th, 2013 at 8:44 am #42576

Hi Matthew.

The replacement code %%current_user_login%% is for the Login Welcome Page redirection URL, it won’t be available in the navigation menu.

I’m not sure if the navigation menu would allow you to use PHP or a shortcode to enter the user’s level… [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› PHP/API Constants -> S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_ACCESS_LEVEL[/hilite]

A solution would be to have just one Login Welcome Page, and change its content based on the user’s level with conditionals. Knowledge Base » Simple Shortcode Conditionals

Then the navigation link won’t need to use a variable and you wouldn’t have this problem.

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.