latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Membership designation confusion

Home Forums Community Forum Membership designation confusion

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Feb 6th, 2012 at 1:15 pm #4068
Nick Huf
Username: Squirelly

I see where I can designate certain categories or posts or pages or tags as accessible to a level of membership. However, it shows that if customer, Sally, is a level 1 member, she also has access to anything designated as level 2 or level 3.

I want my level 1 customers to only be able to see what I allow as “Level 1” and nothing on a membership level higher.

I want my level 2 customers to only be able to see what I allow as “Level 2” and nothing on a membership level higher.

I want my level 3 customers to only be able to see what I allow as “Level 3” and nothing on a membership level higher.

In other words… I don’t want my level 1 customers to also be able to see the other levels. I only want each level to see only their particular level unless they also purchase the desired membership level.

Here’s what I’m trying to accomplish.
I have 3 courses I am offering for sale: Course 101, Course 102, Course 103
Each of these courses would be contained within a series of posts.

I would like people to be able to purchase Course 101 but not give them access to the other two courses unless they pay. At a future date, if they choose to purchase Course 103, but not course 102, they would be allowed access only to the two courses they’ve purchased.

Is S2Member the plug-in I need to accomplish this?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Feb 6th, 2012 at 1:53 pm #4085
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Nick,

This can be done easily through s2Member® with Custom Capabilities. This video may help you:

http://www.s2member.com/videos/A2C07377CF60025E/

You can also use Shortcode Conditionals to block content based on Membership Level, but the best way to accomplish this would be to use Custom Capabilities, as a user would be able to buy all of the videos, while the way you pointed out above, that would not be possible.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by  Bruce.
  • This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by  Bruce.
Posted: Monday Feb 6th, 2012 at 2:58 pm #4098
Eduan
Username: Eduan

As Bruce suggested above, this is very possible with Custom Capabilities. But would require more work on the developer’s/owner’s side.

You could also use Specific Post/Page access restrictions, which allows you to sell access to certain posts/pages. So you could sell a bundle access to all the posts that are supposed to be for the level 1 members.
You can find it under WP Admin -> s2Member -> Restriction Options -> Specific Post/Page Access Restrictions.

Check this video for more info on Specific Post/Page access restrictions:
http://www.s2member.com/videos/ED64B278374AB72F/

Again, as Bruce suggested. You can also use shortcode conditionals within the posts/pages.
You can find them under WP Admin -> s2Member -> API/Scripting -> Simple/Shortcode Conditionals .

Hope this answers your questions. :)

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by  Jason (Lead Developer). Reason: Tags comma delimited
  • This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by  Eduan.
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.