latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Membership Email Registration for Newspaper

Home Forums Community Forum Membership Email Registration for Newspaper

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday May 18th, 2013 at 3:06 pm #50184

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday May 24th, 2013 at 11:45 pm #50609
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

I’m very sorry for the delay in response.

what we need is some custom code to let current print subscribers add their email to their record in the database

Unfortunately, we cannot provide you with/debug custom code as per our Support Policy, but I’d be happy to point you in the right direction here.

The issue is that we don’t have email addresses for many subscribers, so we want to create an easy registration process so the users can add their email.

Because these custom IDs you’re hoping to use for Users to link with their account are so short (3-4 digits?), I’d say that it’d be very easy for someone to guess an ID that is unused and create an account even if they do not subscribe to your service.

For this reason I’d say the best approach to take here would be to create an SQL database of your current User’s First&Last Names, and these IDs. You can then have a developer set up a form to collect information, and validate it against this database’s entries. If this matches, you will need to have to pass this special ID into an s2Member Custom Registration/Profile form. You can do this using s2Member’s Remote Operations API to create these Users.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Remote Operations API

After these Users are created, you can then have them update their Email addresses, etc with these forms:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Member Profile Modifications

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.