latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Membership from different PayPal purchase

Home Forums Community Forum Membership from different PayPal purchase

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Apr 18th, 2012 at 10:22 pm #11183
Andrew Hymas
Username: aphymas

I’m working on a website for a school, and they want to have a membership area in their site for parents and teachers to communicate. They use PayPal to process tuition, and I wanted to know if S2Memeber Pro could be used to create a member account when a parent makes a tuition payment.

In other words, I’m not looking to set up a site where people are paying for a membership, but the membership is bundled together with the tuition purchase. The parents aren’t paying for membership alone, but they get one with the tuition payment. That way only the people who pay tuition can gain access to the membership area, and it’s completed automatically during the process. I’m looking at different membership plugins to eventually use in a BuddyPress powered site, and I wanted to know if S2Memeber Pro would be a good choice.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Apr 19th, 2012 at 7:20 am #11224

Hi Andrew.

Well, you could create/upgrade the account manually for the parent once you receive the payment for tuition. Would that work for you?

Or, if you receive the payment via one of the gateways s2Member integrates with, then the upgrade would be automatic. Just say they’re paying for tuition and and membership access is extra, instead of saying they’re paying for the membership.

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.