latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Membership Integrated with a Member Locator

Home Forums Community Forum Membership Integrated with a Member Locator

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  babbleon 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Dec 5th, 2012 at 2:06 am #33521
babbleon
Username: obabilon

Hello,
I am currently using two main plugins to run my membership:

1. s2Member to create the Membership
  2. Google Maps via Store Locator Plus. You can view the page here: http://abn-board.com/find-a-doctor/

The maps plugin basically functions as a Member Locator. If someone registers for a membership, they are listed on the map. Is there any way you can think of to have these two plugins work together? What I would like is for all new members to be automatically listed.

I would love to be able to integrate a locator with s2Member! It would greatly increase the value of your plugin. Please let me know if you have any thoughts or suggestions, or if you know of anything that may help. Thanks for your time.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Dec 5th, 2012 at 10:03 am #33567

What I would like is for all new members to be automatically listed.

I’m guessing that only those who entered their location will be listed, is that the case? If so, you’d need to find how to add the location field to the registration form so they fill it out on registration.

Posted: Wednesday Dec 5th, 2012 at 3:11 pm #33607
babbleon

Hi Cristian,

Thanks for your response. Are you suggesting we modify the PHP in the plugins to link the two? If so, is that something that you can help us with?

Posted: Wednesday Dec 5th, 2012 at 3:36 pm #33613
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for your response. Are you suggesting we modify the PHP in the plugins to link the two? If so, is that something that you can help us with?

It sounds like you will need to set up some custom registration fields within s2Member under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields, and then set up some custom code to fill in the possibilities for the Store Locator Plus plugin.

I’m unsure how the API works for the Store Locator Plus plugin, but I’m guessing that it’s most likely stored in a WordPress option value. I recommend setting up hooks onto the WordPress hooks user_register and profile_update. If you’re uncomfortable working with PHP, you may want to post your job on http://jobs.wordpress.net/.

Posted: Monday Dec 17th, 2012 at 5:00 pm #34864
babbleon

Thanks so much for your help, both of you!

Bruce, I took your advice and posted this job on jobs.wordpress.net as well elance.com. I included your suggestion in the postings and I think the programmers will find it useful. I appreciate very much your time and advice.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by  babbleon.
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.