latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Membership Level Defaults to Free Subscriber

Home Forums Community Forum Membership Level Defaults to Free Subscriber

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jan 31st, 2013 at 11:36 pm #40234

I can’t find a fix for this in any of the other threads.

On my site http://www.websiteschool.com, we have no free accounts or open registrations. The only way to become a member is to be a paid member on https://www.websiteschool.com/pricing

For some reason, when a new member pays for an account (that is supposed to be set at LEVEL 2) they are automatically defaulted to a Level 0 – Free Subscriber.

I am 100% positive I am using the Level 2 Forms via Authorize.net Pro Forms, but I can’t understand why they won’t default to level 2 like I want. Here is a copy of the shortcode I’m using:

[s2Member-Pro-AuthNet-Form level=”2″ ccaps=”” desc=”$25 USD / Monthly ( recurring charge, for ongoing access )” cc=”USD” custom=”www.websiteschool.com” ta=”0″ tp=”0″ tt=”D” ra=”25″ rp=”1″ rt=”M” rr=”1″ rrt=”” accept=”visa,mastercard,amex,discover” coupon=”” default_country_code=”US” captcha=”0″ /]

In summation: need to figure out how to set Authorize.net Pro Forms to set users to their proper level when they sign up and pay. Thanks in advance for your help.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  Brett Napoli.
  • This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  Brett Napoli.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Feb 2nd, 2013 at 10:05 am #40421
Staff Member

Thanks for reporting this important issue.

It sounds to me like s2Member’s post-processing routines are failing due to a possible configuration issue. I would start by enabling s2Member’s logging routines for Authorize.Net.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Authorize.Net® Options -› Account Details -› Logging

Run another test and then check these log files. Or send them to us privately.

/s2member-logs/authnet-api.log
/s2member-logs/authnet-ipn.log
/s2member-logs/paypal-ipn.log (relevant even with Authorize.Net integration)
s2Member's core PayPal® processor underlies all transactions it processes.

I expect that you’ll discover you have one of these fields filled incorrectly.
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Authorize.Net® Options -› Account Details
You might go over this and just double-check everything again. If that does not help, the logs should tell us more.

If you need help reviewing your log files, please post them privately.
s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Please let us know if problems persist :-)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.