latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Membership Levels

Home Forums Community Forum Membership Levels

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Robert Thornton 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Feb 26th, 2012 at 1:30 pm #6458

Hi, I would like to use s2member for my wholesale site.
I do not want to charge members, I just want them to sign up to the site, then I approve them and upgrade their level so they can buy from the store.

Do I need to still add my paypal details,
What do I put on the membership page which I add.
I’m a little confused by it all.

Thanks in advance.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Feb 29th, 2012 at 4:41 pm #6810
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

You only need to add your paypal information if you will be using any buttons generated by s2member for membership fees or buying posts, downloads, etc.

If you are just allowing anyone to join then upgrading manually, set your registration to OPEN in s2member->general options->open registration.

That will allow anyone to register on your site, then you can use the “user” section in your admin panel to update their membership type.

You also would not necessarily need a membership page, just direct people to the standard registration page wich is usually found here:

http://yoursite.com/wp-login?action=register

Hope that helps.

Dave

Posted: Sunday Mar 4th, 2012 at 9:49 pm #7326

It’s wp-login.php?action=register to get it to work. Got to have the “.php”

wp-admin?action=register may work but I did not try it.

I am very new to registering users. I am wanting to use s2menber for different levels of log-in on a Buddy Press Forum. I got s2member because it had the highest praises and capability.

I don’t intend to have anyone pay to look at or post on the forum. So like the original poster, I need to have different levels of users with no payment.

Here is where I am confused. The registration link above is for WordPress.org . How to I register them just for my sight? Or do users always create a WordPress Registration? I did not create a WordPress registration in order to post in this forum, it is a s2member registration.

Thank you for your patience with Newbies.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.