latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Membership Options not shown if in level 0

Home Forums Community Forum Membership Options not shown if in level 0

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Nick Ramsden 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jan 27th, 2013 at 6:11 pm #39736
Nick Ramsden
Username: NickR

I’m in the process of building my membership site and have set up my page structure and two membership levels 0=Free Membership and 1=Paid Membership.

When trying to access pages that are assigned to the paid membership level, if not logged in, the membership options page displays correctly. However if logged in as a free member, attempting to access a paid member page does not display the membership options page, instead it’s just a blank screen with the following in the browser address bar: –

http://www.my-domain-name.com/membership-options/?_s2member_seekingtype=page&_s2member_seekingpage=86&_s2member_seeking_uri=L0FDQ1dJSS93ZWxjb21lL3BhcnQyLw%3D%3D&_s2member_reqtype=level&_s2member_reqlevel=1&_s2member_restype=page&s2member_seeking=page-86&s2member_level_req=1

Please advise how I might fix this.

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jan 29th, 2013 at 2:59 pm #39925
Nick Ramsden

Bump!

Posted: Tuesday Jan 29th, 2013 at 5:15 pm #39936
Nick Ramsden

After some trial and error I’ve managed to establish that the culprit causing this problem is a plugin called Secure WordPress By WebsiteDefender. On the face of it this seems like a handy plugin to have. If I run without it are there any risks I should address in some other way or are there any alternative plugins that are compatible with S2 Member that I can use?

Posted: Thursday Jan 31st, 2013 at 9:51 am #40136
Staff Member

Thanks for reporting this important issue.

I’m glad to hear you resolved this.

I don’t usually recommend plugins like this. WordPress® is already very secure if setup and configured properly. If there were security issues associated with a default WordPress installation, we’d all know about them by now. They have a security review team that keeps an eye on things like this too.

I do recommend that you certify your site with s2Member® though, because that will help you ensure that your site is configured properly from a security standpoint. Nothing added in, just a quick scan against your configuration. Please see: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Security Badge

You can also run our server scanner if you like. Download this file.
Unzip, upload to your site; and then open in a browser for a full report.
Posted: Thursday Jan 31st, 2013 at 9:51 am #40137
Staff Member
Posted: Thursday Jan 31st, 2013 at 5:57 pm #40204
Nick Ramsden

Thanks for your advice and the file link.

I’ve run the server check and everything passes so I feel better about letting the Secure WordPress plugin go.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.