latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Membership Options Page redirect

Home Forums Community Forum Membership Options Page redirect

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  TJ Abrahamsen 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Sep 18th, 2012 at 2:06 pm #25720

Hey all –

My first post on this forum. :-)

I have browsed through a bunch here, but I cannot find what I am looking for…

My wife and I are working with an MLM company as members. Four our downline I have created a membership site with trainings, important information, etc. The site now actually has open registration, but I want some content only to be available for users that I have approve to be in our downline (I have set these posts as level # 1, through a tag).

Like it is now, everyone can see the excerpt of the post, but when they click on “Read More”, they are automatically redirected to the Membership Options Page.

My question is: Is it possible to just show an “access needed” image, or a message, on the CURRENT page instead of having the user being redirected to the Membership Options Page when he/she does not have the right access?

To the s2Member team: Thanks for an awesome product!

~ TJ

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Sep 21st, 2012 at 3:11 pm #26073
Janet Riley
Username: jriley

Shortcode conditionals will do this for you. You can see the documentation from your WP admin dashboard, under S2 Member> S2Member API. Look at the “Simple / Shortcode conditional” section.

You’ll do like example 2:

Example #2: Full access for any Member with a Level >= 1.

[s2If current_user_can(access_s2member_level1)]
    Some content for Members who are logged in with an s2Member Level >= 1.
[/s2If]

[s2If !current_user_can(access_s2member_level1)]
    Some public content.
[/s2If] 

When you edit the page, remember to change the S2 Member Restrictions back to no restrictions, so that nonmembers can get to the page.

Cheers-
Janet

Posted: Friday Sep 21st, 2012 at 3:17 pm #26074

Thank you Janet for your reply.

I guess I will have to do a lot more studying… :-)

~ TJ

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.