latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Membership payment page issues

Home Forums Community Forum Membership payment page issues

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Nov 24th, 2012 at 8:18 pm #32507

Hey guys,

New to the product. I configured a membership page with the paypal buttons and set the membership options to this page. When i go to a level 1 page it sends the redirect as follows:

https://www.domain.com/membership/?_s2member_seekingtype=page&_s2member_seekingpage=22&_s2member_seeking_uri=L215LWFjY291bnQvYWN0aXZlLWF1Y3Rpb25zLw%3D%3D&_s2member_reqtype=level&_s2member_reqlevel=1&_s2member_restype=page&s2member_seeking=page-22&s2member_level_req=1

This page however is blank.

If i try https://www.domain.com/membership, i see the buttons.

Can any one please advise what i can check or do the make this work?

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Nov 24th, 2012 at 8:59 pm #32508

So further testing i found the only way i see the page with the redirect url is to log the user out and then paste the same link into the address bar. Not something i would ask my users to do.

Still looking for some advice

thanks
MP

Posted: Saturday Nov 24th, 2012 at 9:09 pm #32509
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Michael,

So if I understood correctly, whenever you’re redirected to the membership options page, it appears blank, but when you go directly to the page it works?

Could you please paste the contents of your membership options page? See if we can find anything out of the normal? Thanks!

– Eduan

Posted: Saturday Nov 24th, 2012 at 9:50 pm #32510

Hi Eduan,

Here it is, i removed my domain as its still being constructed.

=================================================================

The membership options are as follows:

Member / Quarterly Payments

Members costs $15 /quarter with the first 3 days free.

[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="" desc="Member / Quarterly Payments" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.domain.com" ta="0" tp="3" tt="D" ra="15" rp="3" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /]

Member / Annual Payments

Members costs $35 /quarter with the first 5 days free.

[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="" desc="Member / Yearly Payments" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.domain.com" ta="0" tp="5" tt="D" ra="35" rp="1" rt="Y" rr="1" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /]

* Other membership level and options will be available in the future

=================================================================

Thanks in advance

MP

Posted: Sunday Nov 25th, 2012 at 7:02 pm #32552

Still need advise please

Thx

Posted: Sunday Nov 25th, 2012 at 7:29 pm #32554
Eduan

I couldn’t find anything out of the normal without it. Could you please try these common troubleshooting tips: Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Also, make sure you are following the instructions in this article: Knowledge Base » Don't mix www and without

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Sunday Nov 25th, 2012 at 8:06 pm #32556

Thanks Eduan.

Do have by any chance a working example that i could at least test using my domain?

Mike

Posted: Sunday Nov 25th, 2012 at 8:24 pm #32557

I did some more testing whilst still logged in and seems like the last two params in the url are causing the issue, if i remove them ( i did one at a time) i get the page

Original link:

https://www.domain.com/membership/?_s2member_seeking%5Btype%5D=page&_s2member_seeking%5Bpage%5D=21&_s2member_seeking%5B_uri%5D=L215LWFjY291bnQvcmV2aWV3c2ZlZWRiYWNrLw%3D%3D&_s2member_req%5Btype%5D=level&_s2member_req%5Blevel%5D=1&_s2member_res%5Btype%5D=page&s2member_seeking=page-21&s2member_level_req=1

altered link:

https://www.domain.com/membership/?_s2member_seeking%5Btype%5D=page&_s2member_seeking%5Bpage%5D=21&_s2member_seeking%5B_uri%5D=L215LWFjY291bnQvcmV2aWV3c2ZlZWRiYWNrLw%3D%3D&_s2member_req%5Btype%5D=level&_s2member_req%5Blevel%5D=1&_s2member_res%5Btype%5D=page

I also tried combinations of the link with the s2member_seeking=page-21 and the s2member_level_req=1 and these fails

So the question is how important are the last two parameters?

Mike

Posted: Sunday Nov 25th, 2012 at 10:15 pm #32561
Eduan

These last two parameters do the following (from what I understand):

s2member_seeking=page-21

Tells the membership options page from which page the user came before being blocked.

s2member_level_req=1

Tells the membership options page the level that the user requires to access the previous page, which is defined by the value above.

These are only helpful if you use the MOP variables (Membership Options Page variables), which you can find under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Membership Options Page Variables (MOP Vars).

Here’s a post by Cristián on how to remove them:
http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/clean-url/#post-29254

– Eduan

Posted: Monday Nov 26th, 2012 at 7:36 am #32577

Thanks Eduan,

noted it said “The use of MOP Vars is 100% completely optional ( for advanced site owners ).” So i guess its going to be ok for me to remove them.

Thanks much m8

Mike

Posted: Monday Nov 26th, 2012 at 11:39 am #32601
Eduan

That’s right they’re completely optional.

Glad I was able to help. :)

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.