latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Membership Upgrade with recurring charges

Home Forums Community Forum Membership Upgrade with recurring charges

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Shegy 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Feb 25th, 2013 at 8:27 am #43156
Shegy
Username: shegy

Hi, i tried to search the info i need in the forums, but couldn`t find it realy.

So, my case is this; i offer 2 levels of paid membership with yearly access to different number of products.Level 1 members pay 30 $ a year and level 2 members 40$ year (both recurring charges).

Yet, if a member wants to upgrade from level 1 to level 2 i`d like to charge them the difference of 10$ and automatically promote them to level 2 members meaning that after the year expires for the next year they should be billed as level 2 members 40 $.

Is this option possible with the plugin?

One more thing, is there a way to have a number of downloaded files shown for members to see inside the “Your account details” box? If possible, i`d like to get a tip:-).
It would be good when membership option includes limited number of files to download.

Thanks,

Marco

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Feb 26th, 2013 at 3:18 am #43201
Shegy

Anyone???? It`s really urgent, i`d appreciate fast response.

Regards,

Marco

Posted: Tuesday Feb 26th, 2013 at 1:47 pm #43255

Hi Marco,

Yes and yes to answer both your questions.

You can use an upgrade button/form to have a member upgrade from one level to another. They will automatically be billed at the level they are on when the membership renews.

You can set the maximum number of downloads available for each membership level over x amount of days.

Hope this helps,

Neil.

Posted: Tuesday Feb 26th, 2013 at 2:46 pm #43256
Shegy

Hi,

Thanks for the answer.

I know that is possible to restrict number of downloads, but is it possible to have the number of downloads visible for members inside the widget?
I would like that member knows how many downloads he has left.

Regards,

Marco

Posted: Tuesday Feb 26th, 2013 at 2:55 pm #43257

Hi Marco,

When a user goes to download a file they get a message advising they are downloading file number x of allowed downloads. However I am not too sure if the information can be displayed in the widget. I’m assuming you mean the account details widget where a user can view/edit their member details?

If I were you I would start a new topic just asking that question. An s2Member pro might be able to give you some coding to either add it or show it somewhere else. The information is definitely available, its just how to get it to show which is the key :-)

Posted: Tuesday Feb 26th, 2013 at 4:02 pm #43261
Shegy

Thanks again, i think i`ll open new topic with this problem.

About the first question i had…i`m not sure if upgrading can function the way i want.
It is also pretty hard to explain. Let`s try this way.
On 1. of February you became level1 member that pays 30$ a year and in May you`d like to upgrade to level2 membership that costs 40 $ a year. We offer upgrade option that costs 10$ and should promote you to level 2 .The thing is that i want the membership year to end with 01.February.
Is it a bit clearer now? What is your suggestion?

Regards,

Marco

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.