latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Memberships and Buy Now with ccBill

Home Forums Community Forum Memberships and Buy Now with ccBill

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Some Dude 3 years, 12 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jan 6th, 2013 at 9:15 pm #36408
Some Dude
Username: amilgrom

I have a site that is currently just a membership site but I would also like to use the Buy Now buttons with custom capabilities to sell download access to individual videos.

So here comes the tricky part. The user needs to be logged in to be able to have the Buy Now button function properly and provide access. But if the user has an account ccBill declines them because they already have an account.

In speaking with ccBill they told me that I would need a separate sub account setup to allow only one time purchases and not recurring payments and then it will all work. So membership purchases go through sub account 0000 and buy now purchases go through sub account 0001.

But the problem is that I can’t see any way to configure multiple sub accounts for ccBill in S2Member. Is there a way I can use two ccBill sub accounts on one site in S2Member?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jan 8th, 2013 at 1:03 am #36545

I’ll have ask Jason about this one. I’ll let you know as soon as I hear back from him. :)

Posted: Tuesday Jan 8th, 2013 at 7:53 am #36567
Some Dude

Hi Christian,

Thanks for looking into this for me.

Just so you know I’m generating this buy now link dynamically in the template. So I suspect the solution is just a php generated link (I don’t need to rely on shortcodes).

I’ve been reading the documentation at ccbill: http://www.ccbill.com/cs/manuals/CCBill_Dynamic_Pricing.pdf

So I think the solution will be something like this:

<?php
$clientAccnum = "######";
$clientSubacc = "0001";
$formName = "###cc";
$formPrice = "##.##";
?>

<?php
echo '<a href="https://bill.ccbill.com/jpost/signup.cgi?clientAccnum='.$clientAccnum.'&clientSubacc='.$clientSubacc.'&formName='.$formName.'&formPrice='.$formPrice.'...">Buy Now</a>';
?>

I’m sure there are more variables needed and I’m not quite sure how to generate the MD5 hash for the formDigest as referred to in the ccBill documentation but I suspect it has something to do with the TripleDES key.

Hopefully you and/or Jason will be able to help me fill in the blanks.

Thank you!

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by  Some Dude.
Posted: Tuesday Jan 8th, 2013 at 7:14 pm #36643

Jason pointed me to the [hilite mono]sub_account[/hilite] attribute in the ccBill shortcodes, that I wasn’t aware of.

You can set this up in the following way:

In the s2Member configuration panel enter 0000. [hilite path]WP Admin -> s2Member -> ccBill Options -> Account Details -> Sub Account[/hilite]

When creating a ccBill Button Shortcode that needs to use Sub Account 0001, please use the [hilite mono]sub_account[/hilite] attribute to override the default value of 0000, by setting [hilite code]sub_account="0001"[/hilite]. [hilite path]WP Admin -> s2Member -> ccBill Buttons -> Shortcode Attributes -> sub_account[/hilite]

[hilite mono]sub_account=""[/hilite] Optional. This defaults to the ccBill® sub-account which you’ve configured s2Member® to use. However, if you are operating multiple ccBill® sub-accounts, this can be used to construct a payment button designed to integrate with a specific ccBill® sub-account (e.g. making it possible to integrate s2Member® with multiple ccBill® sub-accounts, all from a single s2Member® installation).

Posted: Wednesday Jan 9th, 2013 at 12:20 pm #36791
Some Dude

Thank you so much! I can’t beleive it’s just that simple!

I’ve been reading so much documentation trying to generate my own button using PHP, and it turns out you guys already thought well ahead here. Excuse me while I go kick myself…

Posted: Saturday Jan 12th, 2013 at 7:42 am #37120

Heh, don’t worry. I’ve been working with s2Member for much longer and didn’t know that particular shortcode either. Sorry I didn’t point you to it earlier, I haven’t had much experience with the ccBill integration yet.

I’m very glad it was a simple solution and that you got it working now. Let us know if you have more questions. :)

Posted: Saturday Jan 12th, 2013 at 11:09 am #37133
Some Dude

I did have another question about creating a subscription upgrade button.

I posted a new thread about it a few days ago. Hopefully you can help with this one too.

Thanks again!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.