latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Memebership Without Requiring Credit Card?

Home Forums Community Forum Memebership Without Requiring Credit Card?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Dec 31st, 2012 at 11:25 pm #35872
Timothy Spino
Username: tspino

I’d like to offer Free for 30 days then have them start their $5/month membership. But the key for my users would be to offer a free trial membership without requiring them to enter a credit card. So after 30 days they would then lose access to their membership areas(the profile they created, etc.) and be prompted to provide a credit card to start their monthly membership and resume access.

So maybe:
When they originally Sign Up for free they start at:
Level 2: Free 30 day access to all Membership areas

Then after 30 days they are automatically moved to:
Level 1: No access to their membership areas

And after being prompted to pay and paying they are moved to:
Level 3: Access to all areas resumed, monthly recurring payment begun

Am I making this too confusing??

Thanks for any assistance.

Tim

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jan 2nd, 2013 at 9:25 pm #36043
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Timothy,

This is totally possible. You’ll want to just use Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Free Registration Forms (there’s info there on how to restrict this to a certain timeframe).

Then you can allow them to upgrade to level 3 if they want.

Then after 30 days they are automatically moved to:
Level 1: No access to their membership areas

Do you mean s2Member Level1? (i.e. not the free registration level “Subscriber”)

If so, you’ll need to set up a hack to change this. Try Knowledge Base » Forcing A Specific Demotion Role

Posted: Wednesday Jan 2nd, 2013 at 10:09 pm #36046
Timothy Spino
Username: tspino

Hi Bruce, thanks for the response. As to your question, I mean they’d be basically demoted to having no access to the memebership areas. Is this the “Subscriber” level you mentioned?

The problem with using the “Free Registration Forms” is that this is a Job site and both Job Seekers and Employers login with the same form. Here’s the site so far:

http://newsite.filmcrewgigs.com/login/

The radio button indicates if they are Seekers or Employers. Only the Job Seekers will be using S2member to offer/restrict membership access. Employers are given total access to their areas forever. So I don’t think I could replace the existing registration form with the Free Registration Form.

Is there any other way this could be done considering the above?

Tim

Posted: Thursday Jan 3rd, 2013 at 2:48 pm #36126
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

As to your question, I mean they’d be basically demoted to having no access to the memebership areas. Is this the “Subscriber” level you mentioned?

This really depends on what you have set up. Subscriber is the lowest level and is called (in the s2Member Dashboard) s2Member Level 0. If you have your content restricted at s2Member Level 1+ these members wouldn’t have access.

So I don’t think I could replace the existing registration form with the Free Registration Form.

I understand where you’re coming from, but you said in your original post that the point was to give free 30 day access, so Free Registration Forms are required here. There’s no other way to accomplish this.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.