latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Memebrship options with custom gateway

Home Forums Community Forum Memebrship options with custom gateway

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jul 20th, 2012 at 9:34 am #19836
Etienne Buys
Username: sonogun

Hi

I am seriously considering purchasing the pro version of this plugin. I just need to know if the following membership structure is possible (and if you can explain to me how I would implement it). I will be using a custom payment gateway so not sure how that would work with the signup forms? (I am getting a developer to integrate the gateway so pls tell me know if I don’t really need to worry about the forms then):

I need to have 2 membership types
1) is free this membership type can post to the site but won’t have access to the post details (so can view the list but not the details – except their own).
2) this would be a paid membership option (monthly payment) with access to the post details, but I want to allow these members a one month trial membership with monthly payments resuming automatically unless they canel.

Appologies if these are stupid r questions (just trying to wrap my head around things), and if they are answered in other posts pls direct me to them.
Awesome plugin! :)

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jul 21st, 2012 at 7:33 am #19889

Hi Etienne.

I will be using a custom payment gateway so not sure how that would work with the signup forms? (I am getting a developer to integrate the gateway so pls tell me know if I don’t really need to worry about the forms then)

Your developer may find this helpful: http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3154

The code for the other gateways in s2Member Pro may also be helpful to your developer to integrate with the one you chose.

1) is free this membership type can post to the site but won’t have access to the post details (so can view the list but not the details – except their own).

You could achieve this with customization, it’s not something s2Member provides.

To let him post, you could give more WP capabilities to the s2Member level roles using a plugin like User Role Editor. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/user-role-editor/

To protect the post from being viewed by him, you will need to protect the post with an s2Member Level (the one paying users get) when it’s created, so only only paying users can view them.

2) this would be a paid membership option (monthly payment) with access to the post details, but I want to allow these members a one month trial membership with monthly payments resuming automatically unless they canel.

You can sell the subscription with a 1 month trial. You can see it in the PayPal buttons for subscriptions, for example. You’d need to have your gateway integration support this, of course.

Appologies if these are stupid r questions (just trying to wrap my head around things), and if they are answered in other posts pls direct me to them.

No problem! I hope my answers help you.

Awesome plugin! :)

Thanks for the kudos! :)

Posted: Sunday Jul 22nd, 2012 at 6:07 am #19926
Etienne Buys
Username: sonogun

Hi Cristián

Thank you so much for your quick response! Your answers were very helpful. I will be sure to point my developer in the right direction regarding the payment gateway integration, and will look into using the user roles plugin as well.

Cheers :)
Etienne

Posted: Monday Jul 23rd, 2012 at 7:04 am #19974

Cool. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.