latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Merchant acct w gateway or other 3rd party pr

Home Forums Community Forum Merchant acct w gateway or other 3rd party pr

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday May 15th, 2013 at 10:40 am #50018
Jim Hayzlett
Username: shi1haz

I have read where you plan to add more Bank Merchant Card processors on your timeframe. Do you know when that might be? I was looking at First Data which I believe is the largest processor for Merchants or Evolution as an alternate 3rd party processor…

Thanks,
Jim

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday May 17th, 2013 at 4:45 am #50108
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

I have read where you plan to add more Bank Merchant Card processors on your timeframe. Do you know when that might be? I was looking at First Data which I believe is the largest processor for Merchants or Evolution as an alternate 3rd party processor…

We do have some payment gateways selected for the next major version of s2Member, as well as a new system planned for integrating new payment gateways, but we do not have a solid release date for this. I can tell you that First Data and Evolution are not on this list though, sorry.

If you’d like to have a developer set up an integration on your site between s2Member and one of these payment gateways, this is possible with s2Member’s IPN Proxy Key for your site. You can have a developer pass data into s2Member’s IPN processor just like it was through PayPal with the information provided here:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® IPN Integration -› IPN w/ Proxy Key

Posted: Friday May 17th, 2013 at 11:03 am #50134
Jim Hayzlett
Username: shi1haz

Thanks Bruce. So, just to confirm, if I use the IPN Proxy Key to utilize First Data, can I still use the built-in PayPal Pro feature in conjunction to strictly handle the PayPal payments ???

I want to separate the credit card payment ‘control’ away from PayPal. That way, PayPal only controls payment money made thru PayPal, and not payment money made thru Credit Cards…

I understand that we would have 2 accounts instead of one, but I gain better control of the money.

Thanks,
jim

Posted: Tuesday May 21st, 2013 at 4:49 am #50265
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Sorry for the delay in response.

Thanks Bruce. So, just to confirm, if I use the IPN Proxy Key to utilize First Data, can I still use the built-in PayPal Pro feature in conjunction to strictly handle the PayPal payments ???

Yes, using the PayPal IPN w/ Proxy key will not affect your ability to integrate with any other built-in payment gateways.

I want to separate the credit card payment ‘control’ away from PayPal. That way, PayPal only controls payment money made thru PayPal, and not payment money made thru Credit Cards…

You can do this by changing your accept attribute on your Pro Form, and allowing a User to use a different for for checking out with a Credit Card.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.