latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Merge 2 sites into one and retain members

Home Forums Community Forum Merge 2 sites into one and retain members

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jul 1st, 2013 at 6:29 pm #52846

Hi Guys,

A quick one just to see whether I need to buy this or not, i’ve really got on quarms with it as it’s made me a lot of money over the past 6 months, I’m just wondering how i would go about amalgamating 2 of my member sites into one.

I have 2 sites and 2 membership levels, one gets you access to that site and the other gets you access to both sites

I currently sync members from one to the other depending on their tier. it’s time consuming and i’m now working for the site, it’s not working for me!

So my question is, can i use a service like Zapier to handle the old IPNS and redirect them to the new URL or do I have to use a method like this? – http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/help-with-paypal-central-ipn-php-and-ipn/

I’m not really up on my PHP so if i’m being honest, i’d struggle to do this!

If I was a pro member, would i get the required support to implement this?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jul 2nd, 2013 at 6:32 am #52889

Yeah, if you have users with subscriptions on the site you’re moving the users from, you’ll need to redirect the IPN connections from PayPal, so they go to the new site without losing the data, which is what the central IPN script would do.

With s2Member Pro with provide a zip file full of helpful files, including a sample script to help you with this, which you’d then customize for your installation. We don’t offer the customization service, though, if you need help, you could get a freelancer from sites like jobs.wordpress.net, odesk.com or elance.com.

To migrate the users, you can use the Export/Import tools. Features » Mass Update & Import/Export Functionalities

i’ve really got on quarms with it as it’s made me a lot of money over the past 6 months

That’s wonderful. I’m very glad about that. :)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.