latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Migrating posts from another website running

Home Forums Community Forum Migrating posts from another website running

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday May 4th, 2012 at 4:00 am #12553
Nigel
Username: enquirer32

Hi. What is the best way to do this? I have 2 websites – sub domains of a main site – both running S2. It may make sense to combine these and then have different levels for articles within one site. Currently both sites say have the same levels 0,1,2. I now want to import the protected articles from website 2 into website 1 and I want all those articles to have level 3 clearance. If I do a straight export will the articles include their s2 credentials. So, I can change the level status already in website 2 to level 3 and they’ll be imported into website 1 with the status already set up. Is this clear? Thx.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday May 4th, 2012 at 5:32 am #12572

s2Member doesn’t have a tool to export/import the posts and their protection, but you can copy the posts in the way you can and then apply the restrictions to them from the restrictions page or from each post’s edit page. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options[/hilite]

If you give those posts a Level 3 protection, then users at Level 3 to get access, will also have access to the levels below it (i.e. 2, 1 and 0). Just mentioning it so you keep it in mind when you design your restrictions.

Another option is to use Custom Capabilities. Video » s2Member (Custom Capabilities)

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.