latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Migrating s2 to Subsite on Multisite

Home Forums Community Forum Migrating s2 to Subsite on Multisite

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday May 29th, 2013 at 8:46 pm #50885

Multisite Install: Currently our site is considered home and I need to migrate home site to a subsite. Do I export the users from the current home and import them into the subsite? Will that keep everything intact with just a different blog id # ?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday May 30th, 2013 at 6:59 am #50937
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Currently our site is considered home and I need to migrate home site to a subsite. Do I export the users from the current home and import them into the subsite? Will that keep everything intact with just a different blog id # ?

You can export your Users with s2Member, using the information provided here:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export -› User/Member Exportation

However, due to the way that WordPress stores passwords, there is no way to export the User’s passwords, so you can’t import these Users into a new site. If you want to move your Users over, you’ll have to do this by copying your SQL database tables for WordPress Users and move that to your subsite.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.