latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Migrating to a New Domain with Single License

Home Forums Community Forum Migrating to a New Domain with Single License

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Mar 30th, 2012 at 12:30 pm #9587

Hello,
We purchased a single license of S2Member Pro for our current domain. We are building a new site on a different domain that will replace the current domain.

While we build the new site, we need to install a second instance of S2Member Pro at the new domain. Then when we publicly launch the new site, we will remove S2MemberPro from the old site.

My questions:
-Are there any issues with running a second installation for a short period while we re-create the members area and build the new site?
-To move over the current membership site, is it just a matter of importing the database dump sql into the new installation?

Thank you in advance for your help,
Jenny Arnez

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Mar 31st, 2012 at 2:39 am #9638

Hi Jenny.

It’s fine to do that to complete a migration.

On how to migrate the site, if you don’t know, I suggest that you get a developer to help you.

s2Member Pro lets you export the s2Member settings, in case that’s useful to you. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export -› s2Member® Options[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Apr 5th, 2012 at 12:22 pm #10164

Thank you for your reply and the info about exporting the options. Is there a way to export the username/passwords via S2Member so that I can re-import them into the new site? Or do I need to dump the database into an .sql backup and import it using phpmyadmin?

Thank you.

Posted: Thursday Apr 5th, 2012 at 1:19 pm #10173

Yeah, you’ll have to migrate the database with phpMyAdmin, s2Member doesn’t export passwords.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.