latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Migration Issues

Home Forums Community Forum Migration Issues

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday May 21st, 2012 at 1:26 pm #14082

Hi folks,
We’re having a migration issues. I normally export WP’s database into an SQL file. I find-and-paste the dev’s URL with live URL and import it onto the new server.

In this case, all S2’s options are reset. I tried using S2’s export/import feature as well, and it does not change. I do not get any error messages.

I suspect this is the issue: http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6237&p=13714
If so, How do I get around this?
We have the safeguard option set to “yes”.

We’re using PRO v.120309 on WP 3.3.1

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday May 22nd, 2012 at 8:50 pm #14220

Hi Kristopher.

Have you tried using the s2Member Options Export/Import tool for this? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export -› s2Member® Options[/hilite]

Posted: Wednesday May 23rd, 2012 at 12:06 am #14260

Hi Cristian,
Thank you for your reply. I attempted to do an export and import. Nothing happens. When I submit the import, the page refreshes. There is no success or error message, and there seems to be no change in my settings.

Thanks!
Kris

Posted: Wednesday May 23rd, 2012 at 12:28 am #14267

If you like, I can send you the export file, if you’d like to test with it. Just let me know a private address that I can email it to. Thanks!

Posted: Wednesday May 23rd, 2012 at 2:05 am #14282

Nothing changed at all? Odd.

I don’t have an installation to try it in right now. You can send me the login info so I take a look at what you have, if you want.

When you moved the site, did you migrate the database and all the files and update the domain name in the database entries? Besides the usual WP ones, look in the s2Member entries and you may find some with a serialized array. Check for the old domain in those arrays as well in order to update it to the new one.

I hope that helps!

Posted: Wednesday May 23rd, 2012 at 9:47 am #14319

We migrate the database by exporting it, doing a “find-and-replace” for the domain, and then import it into the live server.

Verified that the entries for s2 in the wp_options table reflect the correct domain.

Let me know where I can send you the credentials and I’ll be happy to have you poke around.

Thanks!

Posted: Wednesday May 23rd, 2012 at 10:35 am #14330

We migrate the database by exporting it, doing a “find-and-replace” for the domain, and then import it into the live server.

I was having similar issues I found that I was exporting from a mysql DB formated with MyISAM tables into one formated with InnoDB tables, so although everything was correct in wp_options in was not being read.

Converting MyISAM tables to InnoDB solved the issue.

just my two pennies worth

Posted: Thursday May 24th, 2012 at 3:41 am #14415

Thanks Philly! Wasn’t aware of this. Kristopher, does that help you?

Posted: Sunday May 27th, 2012 at 10:32 pm #14795

Nope. The databases were exactly the same.

I just manually copied the settings. Not a real fix, but it worked. :-(

Posted: Sunday May 27th, 2012 at 11:29 pm #14797

I just manually copied the settings. Not a real fix, but it worked.

I’m sorry the migration gave you trouble, but I’m glad you managed to reproduce the configuration in the end. Thanks for the update.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.