latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Mingle Forum, NextGenGallery Integration

Home Forums Community Forum Mingle Forum, NextGenGallery Integration

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday May 14th, 2013 at 1:31 pm #49962
Yvette Cwifey
Username: yvette

Hi
I use the Mingle Forum on my site and from my research it appears this should integrate with S2Member. Can anyone confirm that I will be able to do the following please:

The front page of my site is my blog – this is available to anyone and all. However, I want visitors to the rest of my site to have to register to access my site – this will be free.

Mingle Forum:
There will be a paid members only section of the forum – obviously only paid members can gain access.

NextGenGallery:
Also I will have an image gallery (NextGenGallery) which I want viewable by anyone registered – However, to open the gallery to view the images visitors need to be a paid member.

Other pages within Site:
In future I may want certain pages or areas of pages available to paid members only.

Can this all be done with S2Member Pro – BUT using the same membership for everything – I DON’T want to have multi-membership requirements within the same site – just the 2 – free access and paid access on a monthly membership which is automatically recurring until cancelled.

Hope someone can help me with my answers so I can decide if I should purchase pro or not.:-)

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday May 17th, 2013 at 4:05 am #50097
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

We’re very sorry for the delay in response.

The front page of my site is my blog – this is available to anyone and all. However, I want visitors to the rest of my site to have to register to access my site – this will be free.

This is possible. I will note that you cannot restrict s2Member’s Membership Options Page (aka Signup Page), as s2Member protects your content by redirecting to this page. Otherwise you should be able to restrict all of your content.

Mingle Forum:
There will be a paid members only section of the forum – obviously only paid members can gain access.

I’m not familiar with Mingle Forums, but s2Member should be able to restrict access to specific forums if the URL structure for the forums can work with s2Member’s URI Restrictions.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› URI Access Restrictions

NextGenGallery:
Also I will have an image gallery (NextGenGallery) which I want viewable by anyone registered – However, to open the gallery to view the images visitors need to be a paid member.

I’m not familiar with protecting images with NextGenGallery. I do know that many of our Users do use NextGenGallery with s2Member without issue, though.

Other pages within Site:
In future I may want certain pages or areas of pages available to paid members only.

Yes this is possible.

Hope someone can help me with my answers so I can decide if I should purchase pro or not.:-)

Because there are some questionmarks here, I’d recommend trying restriction with the s2Member Framework for NextGenGallery and Mingle Forums. If you can do that with little problem, then you might consider getting s2Member Pro. :-)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.