latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Minifying s2Member files

Home Forums Community Forum Minifying s2Member files

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Synergy WP 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Aug 30th, 2012 at 7:25 pm #23626
Synergy WP
Username: synergywp

Hello,

I am near completion of setting up my site with s2member! Woo :)

Right now, I am integrating w3tc. I am only using the CDN/Minify features for now, and page caching, but for logged out users only. My question is this:

On using the minify, you need to add files but take away the ?ver=123 in order for w3tc to take away the file call and not have it loaded twice (once from the plugin, once inside the minified js)

s2member css and js have very long variables at the end of them.. for example mine is showing:

http://www.example.com/wp-content/plugins/s2member/s2member-o.php?ws_plugin__s2member_css=1&qcABC=1&ver=120703-120703-4245537056

Also, the site is live right now. if I remove everything after the s2member-o.php, will the plugin still function correctly? This is not a specific w3tc question, it’s a question about what all those variables are doing.

Thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 6:04 am #23668

Hello,

Unfortunately you cannot minify the s2Member generated javascript, as it is dynamic and unique to each user, so don’t do anything with that one.

I’m aware that s2 are working to improve this aspect in the up coming major release.

As for the CSS I’m pretty sure its safe to combine and minify after you have everything setup s2member wise. I personally do away with it altogether.

Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 10:30 am #23703
Synergy WP

So the CSS has the same variables in the filename as the JS… Can I simply add it sans variables and it should be fine?

I suppose it is just CSS and not necessarily function.

That’s great news that they’re changing the filename variable dependency. Although people complain about not being able to minify with w3tc, they should just relax until its fixed, but still use the combine feature and serve from a CDN.. Being able to do so can drastically speed things up.

Thanks.

Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 11:11 am #23708

Yes I thinks its fine to minify/combine and serve the CSS from a CDN, but you can’t do anything with the javascript including the combine and CDN feature.

Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 11:18 am #23710
Synergy WP

Great, will try it now.

Thanks Philly

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.