latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Mobile Page Access Restrictions

Home Forums Community Forum Mobile Page Access Restrictions

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Ralph Harris 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Apr 19th, 2012 at 2:19 pm #11281

Hi, I have developed a membership site which currently is accessible to all users who are registered ( level 0). On the login page user-members have the option of entering information into custom fields created by me. Using shortcodes. I have been able to allow anybody to read the field data content, not only on a website page but also using a mobile app on a mobile device like a smartphone (iOs or Android) . (ezymobilesitegenerator.com – contact me if interested in more information)
My problem is that the field data is easily visible on the website page on a PC, but is not redirected to the app on the mobile devices, as it should be. The field Labels , eg Name ,Address, phone number …etc are visible on both the PC and the mobile devices, but the field data contained in the shortcodes do not show up on the mobile device, whereas they are seen on the PC site.
It has been suggested that the problem may be in the “Post Level Restriction?” settings of S2Member, so that anyone using the pages from a mobile phone is not logged in and therefore does not have access.
Does anybody have any suggestions of how the problem may be solved, to allow the field data generated by the shortcodes to be read on the mobile app?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by  Ralph Harris.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Apr 19th, 2012 at 11:13 pm #11310
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

The url you mentioned doesn’t bring up any site so I can’t see what you are talking about. Could you update that url?

Dave

Posted: Friday Apr 20th, 2012 at 1:14 am #11323

David :
Thanks for your interest and reply.

I believe I might have solved the problem! I installed the Weaver II WP theme, because it is Mobile app-friendly.and did some tweaking of my site and Voila!, I can now read my data!

1. Please follow the link to my test site on your PC with the URL
http://ralphsmobileapp.com

2. Log in with the username Visitor and the password passwrd1

3. Now use your mobile device with the same URL and look at the results.

I find that one can even edit the data on the smartphone and save it.

Ralph

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.