latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Modified Pro Form template ignored

Home Forums Community Forum Modified Pro Form template ignored

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  John Nelson 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Sep 7th, 2012 at 7:57 pm #24583
Chad Warner
Username: scn

I followed the instructions in Is it possible to modify s2Member® Pro Form templates? to copy a template (paypal-registration-form.php) from /s2member-pro/includes/templates/forms/ to my child theme’s root directory, but it isn’t being used. I also tried using the

template="paypal-registration-form.php"

shortcode, but that didn’t help. I then renamed the template to see if that helped, but it didn’t.

If I modify the paypal-registration-form.php in the s2Member directory, the changes I make appear in my form. Am I doing something wrong, or why won’t my template work?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Sep 8th, 2012 at 8:02 am #24626

Hi Chad.

Could you try putting the template file in /wp-content/ or /wp-content/themes/?

Posted: Saturday Sep 8th, 2012 at 8:50 am #24636
Chad Warner
Username: scn

It didn’t work when I put it in /wp-content/ or /wp-content/themes/, but it did when I put it in the parent theme directory. I’d rather not do that, however, since the whole point of using a child theme is so I can safely update the parent theme.

Posted: Monday Sep 10th, 2012 at 7:06 am #24726

I understand. I’ll check with Jason if the template can work from another directory too. I’ll let you know when I hear back from him. :)

Posted: Wednesday Sep 19th, 2012 at 11:50 am #25810

Hello, I also ran into this issue.

I put paypal-registration-form.php in my buddypress child theme – no go
renamed paypal-registration-form.php to -paypal-registration-form.php in the s2memberpro/templates dir – worked

Yesterday I had other issues and deactivated all plugins and changed to a default theme to track down a js conflict and then reactivated plugins and my child theme. now it stopped working. I renamed -paypal-registration-form.php in the s2memberpro folder so it was back to how it was and it worked again.

I couldn’t get my custom paypal-registration-form.php to work untill I put it in the parent buddypress bp-default theme folder in the plugins directory.

Posted: Thursday Sep 20th, 2012 at 12:08 pm #25968

Good work, Chad. I was fighting with this a long time, did everything you tried except for the parent directory. Hope it gets fixed.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.