latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Modify PayPal Recurring Profiles

Home Forums Community Forum Modify PayPal Recurring Profiles

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Feb 16th, 2012 at 7:56 pm #5416
Bill
Username: wiseeyesmedia

I have been using s2Member on my site for over a year and am entirely pleased with it! I do have a few suggestions that I think would make s2Member even more effective.

When editing a user in the admin site, it would be extremely helpful if we could have better integration with the user’s PayPal recurring billing profile. I find myself always having two windows open: one on my WordPress site and one in my PayPal account. And PayPal’s website is unbearably slow for even the simplest task, such as search for a recurring profile.

Specifically, I would like to be able to view current profile status from PayPal as well as suspend, cancel, or modify the profile’s parameters. Here are details on a suggested implementation:

1. On the Edit User Page under the section entitled “s2Member Configuration & Profile Fields”, add a second column (or box) for PayPal Recurring Profile Details. This box would be loaded asynchronously, say with jQuery, reducing page load time. This box could house the following:

a) All details returned by the GetRecurringPaymentsProfileDetails PayPal API call
b) The option to suspend, resume, or cancel the recurring payment profile using ManageRecurringPaymentsProfileStatus PayPal API call
c) An option to update the all profile details as specified by the UpdateRecurringPaymentsProfile PayPal API

Once queried from PayPal, this info could be cached in the database to make loading faster as well as management options (see #2).

2. Echoing what was mentioned in other threads, I would suggest providing the ability to search and manage users based on custom capabilities, expired PayPal profiles, outstanding billing amounts, etc.

a) To facilitate easy searching of this data, perhaps a wp-cron job could be scheduled to run each night to cache the profile data from PayPal, then searches for “all members with outstanding payments” could be displayed very quickly.

b) Also suggest providing the ability to do a query on users based on fields mentioned above and then perform a batch operation on all selected users. For example, an admin could search for all expired profiles and demote users to a certain class (if the automated system did not work). Or an admin could search for all users with outstanding payments and issue a command to send a batch email reminder to them to update their billing information.

This would also facilitate migration to different membership levels or custom capabilities. Perhaps I could search all users with CCAP of “videos” and batch add the CCAP “audio” to everyone at once. I know that’s perhaps a further down the road, but a feature that would be really powerful.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  Bill.
  • This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  Bill.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Feb 17th, 2012 at 1:55 am #5458

Hi Bill. Thanks for the kudos and the great suggestions! :)

They are very good ideas and some of them may make it in the next major release, which is planned to be released in a couple of months.

I’ll show this to Jason.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.