latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Modifying PayPal Pro/Free Registration form

Home Forums Community Forum Modifying PayPal Pro/Free Registration form

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Feb 6th, 2013 at 2:58 pm #40920

I want to see if its possible to edit the fields in the form to display this:

Company Name
Company Website (Hidden until customer has made a purchase and sale/reservation/emailed)
Company Location Address
Company Main Phone# (Hidden until customer has made a purchase and sale/reservation/emailed)
Company Email (for questions and sales)

————————-Instead of:

First Name *
Last Name *
Email Address *
Username ( lowercase letters and/or numbers ) *
Password ( type this twice please ) *

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Feb 7th, 2013 at 5:44 pm #41080
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

Yes, s2Member allows you to translate all front-end text that is displayed using I18n, which is a standard within WordPress

See: http://codex.wordpress.org/I18n_for_WordPress_Developers
See Also: Pre Sale FAQs » Can s2Member® be translated into other languages?

If you’d like to edit just this specific part of your installation, you can do this through PHP as well.

See: Knowledge Base » Changing Words/Phrases In s2Member®

Posted: Thursday Feb 7th, 2013 at 7:12 pm #41109

Thanks and I found the php files but I can only change the <?php echo to read 'Business' instead of First. I would need to match the db tables for it to correspond as I get an error 'missing first name' at the actual registration form. Any extra help would be great.

Posted: Thursday Feb 7th, 2013 at 7:54 pm #41130
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up :-)

I’m sorry. I’m not sure that I understand. Please explain a little further. Thanks!

Posted: Friday Feb 8th, 2013 at 9:54 am #41206

Thank you again for following up so quickly. Please read the full post below.

I want to change the wording(and ultimately the functionality) of the sign up form fields here: http://greengigs.biz/ezcelebrationsnew/my-login-welcome-page/ to look like this:

Company Name
Company Website (Hidden until customer has made a purchase and sale/reservation/emailed)
Company Location Address
Company Main Phone# (Hidden until customer has made a purchase and sale/reservation/emailed)
Company Email (for questions and sales)

INSTEAD OF:

First Name *
Last Name *
Email Address *
Password ( type this twice please ) *

When I get to ../s2member-pro/includes/templates/forms/paypal-registration-form.php and edit the script, after uploading and testing the form with the new wording, I’ll get errors of missing First Name, Last Name, etc. The schema in the dbase would need to match the updated php. Is this possible??

Thanks,

Posted: Monday Feb 11th, 2013 at 7:03 pm #41464
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up :-)

I understand now. Thank you.

Pro Form templates can be customized, but if you add/remove any of the required input fields, you will definitely need to couple that with custom code that modifies the minimum requirements established during server-side validation. Generally speaking, I would not suggest going this route; because these fields are absolutely required by most Payment Gateways, so they need to be present during checkout.

To clarify this further…

The following fields MUST be present during checkout.
s2Member Pro (Checkout) Forms always require a First/Last Name for billing.

First Name *
Last Name *
Email Address *
If you’re dealing with a Free Registration Pro Form, we can do without the First/Last Name fields — if you prefer. See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields

You can turn off the Password field on any s2Member® Pro Form.
See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields

If you would like to add fields for Company Name, Website, etc. I recommend adding these through the Dashboard using Custom Registration/Profile Fields. See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.