latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Modifying Profile Editing Form (Save button)

Home Forums Community Forum Modifying Profile Editing Form (Save button)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice. Last updated by  CK MacLeod 3 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Oct 15th, 2013 at 4:53 pm #60383
CK MacLeod
Username: CKMacLeod

I’ve managed to add elements to the Profile Editing form in a way that works smoothly with my site, which employs a relatively long list of custom profile fields – long enough to make the appearance of the Save All Changes button at the end of the form somewhat inconvenient for people who are making changes at the top of the form – either to custom profile fields or to new user avatar upload/preview function.

In order to make the whole think more user-friendly I thought it would be nice to add an additional copy of the Save All Changes button. It’s easy to copy the required code from around http://www.s2member.com/codex/stable/source/s2member/includes/classes/profile-in.inc.php/#src_doc_line_259. With no modification, it will save all changes from the new location, inserted using the same hook/function combination that previously made adding the user-avatar-function to the form possible.

There is one problem, however, which is that, after the user clicks Save All Changes from the new location, the window automatically scrolls all the way back down to the bottom of the form – which is not desirable behavior at all. I’m guessing, but it’s just a guess, that this is a Java-based scroll, but I’m not sure where to look for it or how to go about disenabling it for the new button location (near the top of the form rather than the bottom).

I’ve looked in the jquery files that are invoked on the page, and couldn’t find the behavior. I’ve also tried hacking away at the button code in case it contained the jquery selector, but that didn’t work. Any simple answer for this problem.

Correction: I’m not sure what caused the behavior I originally described. After some seemingly unrelated code changes, I am getting the same behavior for all “Save All Changes” actions, either on the new button or the old, of returning to the top of the page, presumably a default page re-load action. I’ll look for myself for creating a more desirable re-direct to the prior spot.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by  CK MacLeod.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Oct 15th, 2013 at 5:27 pm #60384
CK MacLeod
Username: CKMacLeod

[deleted]

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by  CK MacLeod.
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.