latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

MOP redirect mid post

Home Forums Community Forum MOP redirect mid post

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Feb 25th, 2013 at 8:54 pm #43196

Is there a way to insert redirect link/button mid-post when the short code conditional for content privacy is in place? I’d like the non-member to have a link to MOP that does not appear in the post when read by a current member.

I am using the [/s2If] conditional in custom post type articles.

Thank you!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Feb 27th, 2013 at 7:29 am #43289

Hi Lizabeth.

You could do that with a JavaScript redirection. For example:

[hilite pre_code]
[[s2If !is_user_logged_in()]

[/s2If]]
[/hilite]

That’s a redirection… but you also mention having a link, so maybe I misunderstood. If you just want the link then it’d be something like:

[hilite pre_code]
[[s2If !is_user_logged_in()]
MOP
[/s2If]]
[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Feb 27th, 2013 at 3:47 pm #43345

My brain is a total mess right now so I’m going to try to make this work from a different direction. Please bear with me.

What I want to do is drive people who are accessing my custom post types content to registration. (This is eventually going to go from simply a “registration” requirement to a “membership” requirement – maybe 4 weeks time) I want to capture the data of who is accessing the content I generate on 3 different post types, all of which are protected at the “0” level.

When a non-registered person tries to access any of these three post types (Q&A, Series, Spotlight) they currently arrive at an Archive page for that post type. I want them to go to my registration page, eventually I will want them to go to my MOP.

I’m an admitted novice and I’ve been reading so much my head is spinning. :-/ Please tell me what I need to ad and where as though you’re describing it to a child – step by step is all I can do at the moment.

Thanks! Sorry to be the dim bulb in the box today :-)

Posted: Thursday Feb 28th, 2013 at 6:28 am #43392

When a non-registered person tries to access any of these three post types (Q&A, Series, Spotlight) they currently arrive at an Archive page for that post type. I want them to go to my registration page, eventually I will want them to go to my MOP.

If someone tries to open a protected post without having access to it, he’d be forwarded to the Membership Options page, not the archive. I’m not sure I understand…

Could you send me your site’s info? Please let me know when you did so I look for it. s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Saturday Mar 2nd, 2013 at 11:06 am #43624

I must have done something to it so I reinstalled and now all of the redirections are working fine. Thank you!

Posted: Tuesday Mar 5th, 2013 at 8:57 am #43768

Hey, that’s great news! I’m glad you solved it. Thanks for the update. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.