latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Moving / Copy RSS to protected location

Home Forums Community Forum Moving / Copy RSS to protected location

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday May 16th, 2013 at 7:33 pm #50088

I’ve been reading about how to successfully protect content with S2M for podcasting. I understand that to get iTunes to play nice, I’ve got to add “&s2member_file_remote=yes” to the mp3 files, and that I need to have the mp3’s and the RSS file in the same protected folder.

How do I move/copy the RSS file to the new location? I haven’t been able to find this, and I apologize if it’s a common question.

I’ve got the standard URL for the RSS feed

http://www.site.com/?feed=rss2

but I need it, or a copy of it to be in the protected directory. And since it’s a podcast, everytime I post a new show I’d like it to update automatically, rather than me having to manually upload the rss file everytime.

Any help would be appreciated!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday May 21st, 2013 at 4:38 am #50262
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

Thank you for your patience. I’m very sorry for the delay in response.

I’m sorry but I’m unsure what Podcasting has to do with your RSS feed in this situation. Are you attempting to protect access to RSS feeds as well? Could you clarify please?

Posted: Tuesday May 21st, 2013 at 1:39 pm #50300

Typically, the standard RSS feed generated by WordPress is what people use to subscribe to a podcast.

I want to protect the mp3 files utilizing Remote Auth so non-members will not be able to access the files. To do that, I was attempting to follow the directions contained in the video S2Member posted about podcasting. One of the requirements is that the XML file be in the same protected directory as the mp3 files. I was hoping to find a way to have the RSS XML file that is generated by WordPress to be automatically copy or moved to that protected directory so I don’t have to manually do it every day (I do a daily podcast)

Posted: Wednesday May 22nd, 2013 at 3:59 am #50333
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

I was hoping to find a way to have the RSS XML file that is generated by WordPress to be automatically copy or moved to that protected directory so I don’t have to manually do it every day (I do a daily podcast)

I see. I’m not aware of any way to accomplish this, I’m afraid. If you’re savvy with PHP, or have a developer, you might have them do something with PHP’s copy() function to achieve this, but I’d say that it would be easier to just move the file with the release of the podcast. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.