latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Moving from sandbox to public site

Home Forums Community Forum Moving from sandbox to public site

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Aug 3rd, 2012 at 11:36 am #21118
Roger Rueff
Username: scene13

I am using s2Member/Pro to develop a membership site — currently working in a sandbox environment (on the Web, not local).

Very pleased with s2M, by the way. It’s working great for my purposes.

In September, I will launch the public version of the site, using BackupBuddy to export from the sandbox to the public site. After the launch, I will want to maintain s2Member/Pro on both the sandbox and public sites, so that I can test site changes and s2Member updates in the sandbox before making them live on the public site.

I want to make sure I have the protocol correct for doing so.

Specifically, is it sufficient for me to simply upgrade my s2Member account to an Unlimited Multi-site license prior to launching the public site? Is there anything else I need to do on either the WordPress end or s2Member end to ensure a smooth transition?

Thanks in advance for your help.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Aug 3rd, 2012 at 6:54 pm #21142
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Roger,

It is perfectly OK if you use s2Member for a development environment. Not sure if it’ll work since both websites are live, but you can always try the single site license and see if it works, if it doesn’t then you can just upgrade to the multisite license just paying the difference.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Aug 7th, 2012 at 3:43 am #21329

Hi Roger.

I want to make sure I have the protocol correct for doing so.

The Single Site license is enough. It’s a single public site, your development one doesn’t count.

If you want to use s2Member Pro in a new site later on, you can upgrade just paying the price different, like Eduán said. In your Account page here, you’ll find a link to upgrade.

Very pleased with s2M, by the way. It’s working great for my purposes.

That’s great! Thanks for the kudos. Let us know if you need help with anything else. :)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.