latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Moving to a dedicated server – changes?

Home Forums Community Forum Moving to a dedicated server – changes?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  RossGrant 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Mar 2nd, 2013 at 10:54 am #43620
RossGrant
Username: RossGrant

Hi everyone!

I’m moving from a semi-dedicated server to a dedicated server over the next day or so.

Are there any pitfalls at all to be aware of in terms of S2 Member/ Amazon S3 and Cloudfront integration.

DNS will change obviously, but domain name will of course stay the same.

Does S3 work from the domain name?

Are there any changes I will need to make with S2 integration at all, or anything I need to be aware of?

Thanks so much all! :)

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 5th, 2013 at 8:54 am #43767

Hi Ross.

I’m not aware that it’d cause you problems.

About the CloudFront integration, maybe you’ll need to update something if you’re using custom CNAMEs. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› Amazon® S3/CloudFront CDN Storage -> Custom CNAMEs[/hilite]

I’ll ask Jason if there’s anything you should look out for. :)

Posted: Friday Mar 15th, 2013 at 5:01 pm #44750
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread :-)

Very sorry for the delayed response Ross.

Are there any pitfalls at all to be aware of in terms of S2 Member/ Amazon S3 and Cloudfront integration.

DNS will change obviously, but domain name will of course stay the same.

None that I’m aware of. S3/CloudFront are based on host addresses established on the Amazon side of things. Unless you’ve configured CNAMEs for your Buckets or CloudFront distros; there is really nothing to worry about. Even then, the changes would occur in DNS alone; and should not be impacted by your s2Member installation.

I can’t really think of any issue with this.

No. It’s a remote server with it’s own host name (i.e. a 3rd party service).

Are there any changes I will need to make with S2 integration at all, or anything I need to be aware of?

I would be sure to run the s2Member® Server Scanner on your new server before moving.
See: Knowledge Base » s2Member® Server Scanner

You will want to make sure that you have all of the required PHP extensions installed (the Server Scanner will help you with that). You will also want to verify things like email server configuration, SSL certificates, etc. All of that is standard stuff though, when you prepare a server.

Also, make sure that your /wp-content/plugins/s2member-logs/ directory remains writable on the new server; after you move things over. I can’t think of anything more that would be s2Member-specific really.

Posted: Friday Mar 15th, 2013 at 9:46 pm #44873
RossGrant
Username: RossGrant

BIG thanks Jason!

Looks like I’mall set for the move this weekend.

Will let you know how it goes!

Ross :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.