latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

MU Lev-0 "Registration disabled" Workaround

Home Forums Community Forum MU Lev-0 "Registration disabled" Workaround

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jul 20th, 2012 at 7:43 am #19825
Dee Syed
Username: ezinsider

Hi all,

I was having problems with setting up s2Member free registration in a MU environment and found a workaround that’s working on my own site EzMarketingInsider.com. May be worth giving it a try if you have similar problems because I wasn’t able to find much help on Google.

Symptoms: You have a MU install of WordPress and want free (Lev 0) subscribers and further levels (1-4). Although you select allow Lev-0 subscriptions, the wp-signup.php URL still says “Registration has been disabled”. Looking at the value in Network > Settings, you can see that the “Registration has been disabled” option is checked and greyed out (because it’s controlled by s2Member).

Disabling the s2Member plugin, changing the Network > Settings option to allow registration and then re-enabling the plugin doesn’t help. The setting reverts to “Registration has been disabled”.

Workaround: In the s2Member > Multisite (Config) menu at Super Admin level, select “Blog Farm (users may register and create blogs). s2Member then shows some additional fields asking how many blogs can be registered at each membership level. I set all these to 0 in my case, since I just want users to be able to register, not create blogs.

Saving the settings fixed the issue for me and users can register but not create blogs from Levels 0-4.

Hope this helps and saves you a bit of time if you’re having the same issue. Note, it is just a workaround as such.

Thanks,
Dee

• This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  Dee Syed.
  • This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  Dee Syed.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jul 20th, 2012 at 9:36 am #19837
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Thanks for the tip David. :)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.