latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Multi IPN – How ?

Home Forums Community Forum Multi IPN – How ?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jun 25th, 2012 at 12:32 am #17335

Hey Guys,
I am currently running S2member on a few sites, we have started to move off clickbank …

How would I have the IPN talk to all the sites ?
Looking at each site, to set up PayPal you want the plugin to talk to the IPN .. but with PayPal
we can’t input multi IPN’s ?

Thanks,
Michael Somerville

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jun 25th, 2012 at 1:16 am #17340

Hi Michael.

You’d have to use a central IPN script that then forwards to the different installations. Jason created an example script for this, which you can find in your Account page, as a start to customize for what you need it. [hilite path]My Account -> My Additional File Downloads -> s2Member® Pro Extras[/hilite] http://www.s2member.com/account/

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Monday Jun 25th, 2012 at 1:19 am #17341

I will take a look .. just don’t want to screw up all the jvzoo, w+ and 1shoppingcart stuff i have linked in .. everyone does all this from vendor account stuff now.

Posted: Monday Jun 25th, 2012 at 1:31 am #17342

Okay, so where do I upload the Paypal-central-ipn ? … on a random site ?

"[YOUR DOMAIN]" => "[FULL URL TO AN IPN HANDLER FOR YOUR DOMAIN]",
"www.site1.com" => "http://www.site1.com/?s2member_paypal_notify=1",
"www.site2.com" => "http://www.site2.com/?s2member_paypal_notify=1",

what handler and I using for “[FULL URL TO AN IPN HANDLER FOR YOUR DOMAIN]”,

Posted: Monday Jun 25th, 2012 at 3:29 am #17345

Sorry, I’m not familiar with that script myself. It’s a freebie we throw in to help someone not start from scratch if they need it, but not really a product we’re promoting or giving support for, so I’m not very familiar with it.

The way I understand it is that you put that somewhere on the web, and the URL to it is what you enter in your PayPal account for the IPNs. Then in your script you’d have the IPN addresses for the different s2Member installations, which is what you have in the code you quoted.

I’m pretty sure that’s how it works. I can’t say more about it, I haven’t used it myself or helped anybody with it before, Jason is the one that knows it well, of course. You can search the forums for “central ipn handler” and probably come up with some results that may have more information on it.

I hope that helps.

Posted: Monday Jun 25th, 2012 at 3:34 am #17347

I think it’s time to delete s2member .. this script is very limited when you start making real money .. which sucks b/c i have been pushing it in my community .. as you have seen cristian in the IM groups.

Posted: Monday Jun 25th, 2012 at 3:38 am #17348

What are you finding limiting? I’d love to know your experience so we can improve it. Or maybe it already can be done and then I can show you how.

The IPN thing is really a limitation that PayPal imposes, and we try to help facilitating that script for a central IPN, but it’s not something that can be built into s2Member by default. Very few people actually need it, and it’s really something that doesn’t belong as a WP plugin.

Posted: Monday Jun 25th, 2012 at 3:53 am #17349

Yeah, let me stew on it … lol
I hate outsourcing coding .. looks like i might have too.

Posted: Monday Jun 25th, 2012 at 3:57 am #17350

Yeah, I hear ya…

Let me know if you have questions, I’ll do my best to answer. :)

Posted: Monday Jun 25th, 2012 at 8:36 pm #17437

Is jason available to enlighten us on this Central IPN … if I upload that file to a random location and then just input all my S2member installation notify urls .. I am good to go ?

Posted: Tuesday Jun 26th, 2012 at 5:43 am #17509

I think that’s it, but I’ll email him to confirm.

Posted: Wednesday Jun 27th, 2012 at 4:41 pm #17695
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this request for support.

Yes, that’s about it. The central IPN handler works as a proxy for other installations of s2Member that you run, across multiple sites/domains perhaps. So you setup the central IPN handler in any location you prefer. Then, set the default IPN URL in your PayPal account, to that central location; you’re good to go.

Of course, it’s not always just that simple :-) For example, in the case of PayPal Standard Buttons, the IPN URL is set on a per-Button basis, so the concept of a central IPN handler will only work if you are running PayPal Pro; where all of your sites are using s2Member Pro Forms; instead of standard PayPal Buttons.

Then again, if you’re running PayPal Standard Buttons, you really don’t need a central IPN handler. Simply because the IPN URL is, and can be, set on a per-Button basis. Thus, there’s no need to have a central IPN handler.

There are additional/detailed instructions on how to set this up, located at the top of the central IPN example file; available in your account here at s2Member.com. Download the /s2m-pro-extras.zip file, and inside the ZIP you’ll find the example PHP script.

Posted: Wednesday Jun 27th, 2012 at 5:04 pm #17697

How would I put up IPN per button?

Right now, we have JVZOO, WarriorPlus and just plain PayPal buttons running.
I am looking for them to talk to S2member on over 6 sites, from one PayPal account …

I keep getting lost here, at the end of the day – I need ” ONE ” paypal account to feed all these
S2member installs with CLOSED Registration so people can register.

Posted: Thursday Jun 28th, 2012 at 6:44 am #17738

How would I put up IPN per button?

s2Member does this for you when you use the shortcode for the button. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® IPN Integration -> More Info[/hilite]

*Quick Tip* In addition to the default IPN settings inside your PayPal® account, the IPN URL is also set on a per-transaction basis by the special PayPal® Button Code that s2Member provides you with. In other words, if you have multiple sites operating on one PayPal® account, that’s OK. s2Member dynamically sets the IPN URL for each transaction. The result is that the IPN URL configured from within your PayPal® account, becomes the default, which is then overwritten on a per-transaction basis. In fact, PayPal® recently updated their system to support IPN URL preservation. One PayPal® account can handle multiple sites, all using different IPN URLs.

*NOT True w/ PayPal® Pro* With PayPal® Pro integration you absolutely MUST set an IPN URL inside your PayPal® account. PayPal® Pro integration does NOT allow the IPN location to be overridden on a per-transaction basis. If you’re using a single PayPal® Pro account for multiple cross-domain installations, and you need to receive IPN notifications for each of your domains; you’ll want to create a central IPN processing script that scans variables in each IPN response, forking itself out to each of your individual domains. In rare cases when this is necessary, you’ll find two variables in all IPN responses for s2Member. The originating domain name ( i.e. yoursite.com ) will always be included somewhere within, either: custom and/or rp_invoice_id; depending on the type of transaction. These variables can be used to test incoming IPNs, and fork to the proper installation. For your convenience, an example script has been provided inside: /s2m-pro-extras/paypal-central-ipn.php. You can download all Extras here: s2m-pro-extras.zip.

If you’re using PayPal created buttons, this article may help: Knowledge Base » Using PayPal created buttons

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.