latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

multiple checkbox alignment problem

Home Forums Community Forum multiple checkbox alignment problem

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Mary May 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jul 7th, 2013 at 3:08 pm #53090
Mary May
Username: marymay

In reference to Registration/Profile Fields and Options

I added a field to the registration form that asks a question and offers multiple checkboxes for answers. The checkboxes are not aligned. The first is on the left margin. All following are indented 2 spaces. It appears that the s2Member code includes 2 non-breaking spaces before each input field except for the first in the list.

How might I fix the first to be like the rest … or remove the non-breaking spaces altogether?

Demo available at this test page: http://www.bob-easton.com/jwpF/wp-login.php?action=register

Here’s a snip of the code

<div class="ws-plugin--s2member-custom-reg-field-divider-section"></div><p>
<label for="ws-plugin--s2member-custom-reg-field-how-found">
<span>Please tell me how you found out about me and the school? (check all that apply)</span></label><br />

<label for="ws-plugin--s2member-custom-reg-field-how-found-0" class="ws-plugin--s2member-custom-reg-field-op-l" style="margin:0 !important">at a woodcarving class<br /></label>
&nbsp;&nbsp;

<label for="ws-plugin--s2member-custom-reg-field-how-found-1" class="ws-plugin--s2member-custom-reg-field-op-l" style="margin:0 !important">at a woodcarving demo<br /></label>
&nbsp;&nbsp;

<label for="ws-plugin--s2member-custom-reg-field-how-found-2" class="ws-plugin--s2member-custom-reg-field-op-l" style="margin:0 !important">at a woodworking show<br /></label>
&nbsp;&nbsp;
&lt;input type=&quot;checkbox&quot;    etc. etc.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jul 9th, 2013 at 5:18 am #53162
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

s2Member currently doesn’t support putting your checkboxes one per line very easily. A long time ago I came up with a way to accomplish this, but it requires some “hacky” formatting for your custom field.

Check out this thread:

http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/please-help-loginreg-design-issues/#post-24264

Posted: Tuesday Jul 9th, 2013 at 6:18 am #53172
Mary May
Username: marymay

THANKS Bruce!

“hacky” = ” kludgy”
Already had the BRs and tried the NBSP with little satisfaction. The float:left was the missing part of the answer that helped.

Much appreciated!

…and yet another example of why “PLEASE HELP!…” isn’t a good subject line for people who come along later. ;-{

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.