latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Multiple registration forms

Home Forums Community Forum Multiple registration forms

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Zechariah Stover 3 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Oct 17th, 2013 at 7:00 pm #60443

Hi, I am really in need of some help.
I’m developing a site for a client, and I’m running into some limitations with s2.

Basically, I need two (at least) separate registration forms. I know you can do this with Paypal Pro Forms, but those are extremely limited.

This is for a sports scouting biz. The athletes will be registering using a complex form that will include many custom fields, video uploads, etc.

The scouts will be registering using another registration form, with custom fields, but not as complex as the player form.

How can I do this?

EDIT:

Let me explain further.

Players need to be able to see all of the custom fields assigned to their level… BUT, other players cannot be allowed to see some of their content. Only scouts (level 2) can see all of a player’s content.

So, for example, Player Joe goes to the site, and fills out an extensive registration form. Player Frank also fills out the same form to create his profile. Scout Jim can see all of Player Joe’s content AND Player Frank’s content. BUT, Player Frank can’t see all of Player Joe’s content, and Player Joe can’t see all of Player Frank’s content.

This has to be a standard setup, right? Peer level subscribers can only see limited info about other subscribers, but a higher level, a moderator or administrator, for example can see all.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by  John Burton.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Oct 18th, 2013 at 10:40 pm #60464

Doing it as part of the registration form is going to be quite a bit of work.

Probably no less work, but another option would be to give each user a personal page using something like Role Scoper which has details for that here: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/user-permission-assign-one-page-to-manage. Now those directions are old so you will have to play around with it to see if it will work on the current version.

Then in s2M use Custom Capabilities to differentiate the Players from the Scouts at registration. Use Simple Short Code Conditionals to limit what a player can see on other player’s page.

Or, still using Custom Capabilities, choose a plugin to give you custom content types and fields so you can customize the look of the page more and limit what players enter. Then use PHP conditionals in a custom template file to limit what a player can see on another player’s page. More details about PHP conditionals are shown here in WP:

Dashboard ->s2Member -> API/Scripting ->Advanced PHP Conditionals
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.