latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Multiple singups for one user with ccaps

Home Forums Community Forum Multiple singups for one user with ccaps

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jul 4th, 2013 at 1:07 pm #53011
Sonia
Username: nudge

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jul 5th, 2013 at 5:15 am #53040
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

I think what you’re looking for are Shortcode Conditionals. I’m assuming that Users need a specific capability/level to be able to access certain Custom Capabilities. You can give them access to different forms based on what they can currently access this way:

Knowledge Base » Simple Shortcode Conditionals

Will that work for you? :-)

Posted: Friday Jul 5th, 2013 at 9:39 am #53053
Sonia
Username: nudge

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the quick response.

I’m already using conditional for the content but I’m looking for something for the sign up forms now. I didn’t see anything on that page that could work.

My set up is one signup for each custom capability (I have four). So let’s say the user has signed up for a ccap called “Music” and later I want him/her to gain access to ccap “Video”, the signup form won’t allow it since he is already a member of the site under “Music”. I’d like to find a way to allow him to sign up to “Video” without letting him/her to see the other ccaps I have available.

Hope that makes more sense. Thanks! :)

Posted: Tuesday Jul 9th, 2013 at 4:00 am #53145
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

I’m very sorry for the delay in response. Thank you very much for your patience with us.

I’m sorry I didn’t grasp the fact that all of your Custom Capabilities were free until just now. That’s my fault. The correct answer in this case is that if you want your Users to be able to upgrade (for free), you’ll have to use some custom PHP code. We have documentation on how you can do that in this article:

Knowledge Base » Changing Roles/Capabilities via PHP

So if you want to allow a User that has access to Custom Capability music to Custom Capability video, you would create a form that would allow certain Users to trigger this code to fire for them:

<?php
global $current_user;
$current_user->add_cap('access_s2member_ccap_video');

I’m sorry for how hard this is accomplish. I’m going to talk to Jason (Lead Developer) and attempt to get the ability for free upgrades possible with s2Member Pro, as the Modification version of Free Registration Pro Forms ASAP.

Thanks for your understanding.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.