latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Multisite: Control access to child sites

Home Forums Community Forum Multisite: Control access to child sites

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Aug 8th, 2013 at 12:39 pm #55426
shriii
Username: shriii

I run WP multisite and have been using the free s2member framework and I just decided to go pro.

I have a central site, site.com and then several subsites site.com/product1, site.com/product2, site.com/product3 etc. I understand that each s2member installation is separate and they dont talk to each other.

Based on the payment received on site.com, I want to give them access to the appropriate product site. Is this possible? Until now, I have been using paypal buttons (not via s2m2mber but direct code from paypal site) and give access manually and set EOT.

Is there a way to accomplish this? Or a workaround?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Aug 9th, 2013 at 11:27 pm #55509
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

Is there a way to accomplish this? Or a workaround?

You mentioned that you’re using using sub-directory sites. Are you doing this through WordPress Multisite, or is each site a separate installation of WordPress?

You could create Users on other WordPress subsites with WordPress Multisite, but there currently is no way to link sites that are not on a WordPress Multisite Network that’s documented. You might be able to use s2Member Pro’s Remote Operations API along with API Notifications to accomplish this, but I have not personally done this. You might want to take a look at this article if you’re interested in doing that:

Knowledge Base » Building An API Notification Handler

Here’s where the Remote Operations API is documented:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Remote Operations API

Posted: Saturday Aug 10th, 2013 at 12:33 pm #55524
shriii
Username: shriii

I am using multisite, that is, the subsites / subdrectories are all from one WP install.

You mentioned that it should be possible to achive in using multisite. My question is coming from, paypal settings etc. have only one URL that I need to enter in the settings. Shoudl this be the primary domani?

If yes, it appears that all payment needs to be processed from the primary domain, which I can, but how do I grant access to a user to site.com/product1 when site.com processes payment for product 1, grant access to a user to site.com/product2 when site.com processes payment for product 2, etc/?

Posted: Monday Aug 12th, 2013 at 11:45 pm #55610
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

You mentioned that it should be possible to achive in using multisite. My question is coming from, paypal settings etc. have only one URL that I need to enter in the settings. Shoudl this be the primary domani?

Yes. s2Member will override this URL with Payment Buttons, but you cannot do this with Pro Forms due to PayPal limitations. If you want to use PayPal Pro Forms on your sub sites, you need to use a central IPN handler, which s2Member gives you access to in the extra files that are available in your account page, in the My Additional Downloads Section:

http://www.s2member.com/account/

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.