latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Multisite / Farm

Home Forums Community Forum Multisite / Farm

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 12 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jan 9th, 2013 at 7:59 am #36739

Hi guys,

I am not sure if s2members in the network version is the right thing for me. I need the following:

1. paying customers get a subsite (with limited plugin access) on the network owned by the new created user for the customer
  2. different addons for the sites -> making available more plugins
  3. allow all visitors to register on the multisite for commenting, forums, etc

What concerns me is the login and register sites required by s2member. I want to use the internal WP process for user registration and login. Users who want a site need to go through the shop.

thanks,
Christian

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jan 10th, 2013 at 5:18 am #36842
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Christian,

Thanks for this great question

s2Member’s Network Package should work just fine for you. The creation of subsites is all handled by WordPress’s processes, but s2Member will protect the page in which users are allowed to create subsites based on what you set up. In this way, s2Member will allow you to expand onto WordPress’s core Multisite features to add some of the features that you’re looking for. s2Member will only be in control of allowing access to creating subsites.

s2Member’s network package comes with some files that you’ll find useful for setting this up. They go over this info in detail.

Some things you may want to check out:

Features » Multisite Networking Functionalities
Knowledge Base » Getting Around the BuddyPress 404 Error (Multisite Blog Farms) (if you’re running BuddyPress)

Note that per our s2Member® » Support Policy, we’ll be available to help explain any features that you’re having trouble with.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.