latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Multisite Security

Home Forums Community Forum Multisite Security

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Sep 5th, 2012 at 11:53 am #24171
David
Username: InkblotWS

I’m working with a client that has a pre-existing website that is set up using WordPress Multisite. Their root site serves as an information hub for their organization. On a subdirectory they have another WordPress site that is running BuddyPress and serves as a community site.

Recently they decided to add content that will require a monthly fee to access. They have purchased an Unlimited-Site license as they are not running a blog farm as users do not have the ability to create their own sites.

I’ve just started working with the project and have no prior knowledge of the S2Member plugin. Is S2Member capable of replicating the user permission levels from the root site to the sub-directory site? In other words, will a user who has paid to have level 2 access automatically have it on both sites? If not, does anybody know of a plugin that will allow for this to happen?

Finally, if none of this is possible, what other options for their setup are available?

Thank you in advance for your input!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Sep 6th, 2012 at 1:58 am #24261
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi David,

I’ve just started working with the project and have no prior knowledge of the S2Member plugin. Is S2Member capable of replicating the user permission levels from the root site to the sub-directory site? In other words, will a user who has paid to have level 2 access automatically have it on both sites? If not, does anybody know of a plugin that will allow for this to happen?

I’m assuming that the site within the sub-directory is not a child site of their site #1. If it is, then WordPress already has built-in functionality for adding users to multiple sites within a MultiSite installation. You could find out about it at http://wordpress.org/

If you’re talking about two totally different installations of WordPress, s2Member does not currently support this, but we have a hack lined up to be written on this within the next 1-2 weeks that could help you out with this.

Basically, what you’l need to do is run a script from site #1 to site #2, and have it validate user data by $_POSTing information on the user back and forth. s2Member simply builds onto the core WordPress user structure, so hooking into user_register and create_user() should be all you need to do.

I’ll post the link to the Knowledge Base article as a reply as soon as it’s posted. :)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.