latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Multisite with Buddypress & BLOGFARM features

Home Forums Community Forum Multisite with Buddypress & BLOGFARM features

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Mar 4th, 2013 at 4:48 pm #43721

I currently have single site licence and I want to create Multisite BlogFarm, where users can register and also create one blog each.

Everything is working fine, But the members are unable to go to post editor screen in the dashboard of the blog that they have created.. ( users are able to visit domainname.com/blogname/wp-admin/ but not domainname.com/blogname/wp-admin/edit.php ).

So, here are my questions :

1. Do i have to network activate s2member plugin?
  2. s2member Level #1 role doesnt have any post edit capabilities. Is this the reason?
  3. Is error because of License issue?

Please answer my queries asap.

Thank you.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Mar 6th, 2013 at 7:07 am #43865

Hi Derek.

Do i have to network activate s2member plugin?

No.

s2member Level #1 role doesnt have any post edit capabilities. Is this the reason?

That’s his role in the main site, right? What role does he have in his child blog?

Is error because of License issue?

No. You will need the Network Support license to use s2Member Pro in a blog farm, but the license is not altering s2Member’s behavior.

There may be a conflicting plugin causing the problem. Please try the suggestions in this article: Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Posted: Wednesday Mar 6th, 2013 at 11:07 am #43880

Thank you for the reply and clarifications Cristián.
I still have a little doubt , please clarify.

1. s2member Level #1 is the role for the user in main site after he becomes a paid member. Now the paid user also has the ability to create one blog. So, if he creates a blog , he should be administrator for that blog , instead of a participant. For now, he is being added just as a participant of that blog.

Please , help with the issue, so that i can set up the site with network license.

Thank you again for the amazing plugin.

Posted: Friday Mar 8th, 2013 at 8:41 am #44080

Right. He’d be admin in the child blog he creates. Are you using /signup.php for registration? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Multisite (Config) -> Multisite Registration Configuration[/hilite]

But when it comes time to setup a new Blog, you will need to redirect your Customer to [hilite mono]/wp-signup.php[/hilite], while they are logged-in. This will allow them to create a new Blog on your Network. That is, if they are allowed to (based on your configuration below).

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.