latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Multistep registration/payment with Pro Forms

Home Forums Community Forum Multistep registration/payment with Pro Forms

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  alancheuk 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jul 31st, 2012 at 4:10 am #20749
alancheuk
Username: alancheuk

I want to be able to split the payment and the registration of account information so that the user doesn’t see so many fields all at once. I want to be able to just get the billing information, process it, then get the account registration information.

Is this possible? If not, could you please suggest an alternative way for me to simplify the payment registration system?

Thanks!
Alan

PS. Is there any way to change the checkout using credit card button from “Submit form” to something like “Purchase”? I tried everything I could think of, but I can’t change that text.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jul 31st, 2012 at 6:15 am #20757

In the Pro forms shortcode, add template=”checkout.php” and then create checkout.php in your theme folder. Then copy the Pro form template code you want to modify to your new checkout.php file.

template=”” 100% optional. This can be a custom template file that exists inside your WordPress® theme directory. For example: template=”checkout.php”.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 1st, 2012 at 3:47 am #20888
alancheuk

Thanks for the reply! I did that already. I want to be able to split the checkout form into two pages. Is there an easy way to do that in s2Member? I want to do the payment processing without the account creation in the first page, then the account creation on the next page. Does s2member require them to be done in a single go?

Regarding the “Submit Form” text, I found this:
http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/removing-your-css-styles-and-your-oops-text/#post-15849

But I can’t figure out what text to search for to replace. Using “Submit Form” doesn’t work for me.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 1st, 2012 at 7:11 am #20898

Hi Alan.

But I can’t figure out what text to search for to replace. Using “Submit Form” doesn’t work for me.

That’s weird, because that’s the string. Could you try this in your must-use plugins s2hacks file? /wp-content/mu-plugins/s2hacks.php

[hilite pre_code]

[/hilite]

I want to do the payment processing without the account creation in the first page, then the account creation on the next page. Does s2member require them to be done in a single go?

s2Member is not designed to do this yet, but you could probably do it with some hacking. Probably a simpler approach for a two-step would be to first register and then pay. You’d use the free registration pro-form and then show him the payment pro-form. That way the registration won’t have payment fields, and the payment won’t be a registration too.

[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Free Registration Forms[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Membership Level # Forms[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Aug 2nd, 2012 at 1:58 am #20961
alancheuk

Hm… Thank you for the guidance. I guess that I will try to think of a simpler alternative.

Regarding the “Submit Form”, I entered that exact code into s2hacks.php, then loaded my page with the Pro Forms payment, clicked on a credit card for payment, and the button on the bottom still reads “Submit Form”. I successfully altered the invalid coupon message by adding another IF statement to the code to ensure that the string replacement function was being loaded.

So the code works fine, it just looks like “Submit Form” is not the right string to search for.

Posted: Thursday Aug 2nd, 2012 at 7:52 am #21000

That’s weird, because I got the string from the PHP file for the checkout form… Let me check…

Okay, I just tested the hack and it did change the submit button’s text.

Are you using a caching plugin that is not showing you the changed text, or using something else that may be preventing the hack from working for you?

Posted: Friday Aug 3rd, 2012 at 3:15 am #21071
alancheuk

I turned off the caching plugin (w3 total cache) and it still does that. I can use the same code to change other text without any problems…

Also, do we have to collect billing information? I notice some websites do not request billing information, or just ask for the zipcode. Can we do that too?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.