latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Required fields not showing up in email

Home Forums Community Forum Required fields not showing up in email

This topic contains 16 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jan 31st, 2013 at 9:22 pm #40222
Loretta
Username: companions

When the email is sent to me that says that someone has registered, some of the info isn’t showing up in the email but it does show up in the profile what do I need to do to get this in the email

The name and address fields specifically do not show up and I don’t know where to edit those.

ALL fields are set to be required that are customized and we get a pop up if they aren’t filled in.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  Loretta.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Feb 2nd, 2013 at 8:26 am #40410
Staff Member

Thanks for reporting this important issue.

What email are you referring to exactly please? Can you please point me to the location in your Dashboard where you configured this email. Was it configured with s2Member?

Posted: Monday Feb 4th, 2013 at 12:48 am #40580
Loretta

When a member signs up for the free level, an email is sent to the site manager.

The information shows up in the member profiles but does not get included in the email version.
Things like First name Last name are left blank. What would cause this? Some of the fields are being sent through.

Its weird.

Posted: Tuesday Feb 5th, 2013 at 3:21 am #40816
Staff Member

Thanks for your reply :-)

I’m still not sure what email you’re talking about exactly.

Please see my previous post…

What email are you referring to exactly please? Can you please point me to the location in your Dashboard where you configured this email. Was it configured with s2Member?

Posted: Tuesday Feb 5th, 2013 at 12:03 pm #40861
Loretta

Under General Options then Registration, Registration/Profile Fields & Options… I added additional fields to the Open registration form….

The issue is with the email that is sent to the Admin when someone signs up using he Open Registration form

When I get the responses the filled in fields that show up in their profiles do not show up in the email.

Posted: Wednesday Feb 6th, 2013 at 6:39 pm #40945
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

When I get the responses the filled in fields that show up in their profiles do not show up in the email.

Are you saying that s2Member attempts to replace these codes, but does not replace them with any value? Or that the email is sent with these replacement codes unchanged in them?

Posted: Wednesday Feb 6th, 2013 at 6:59 pm #40946
Loretta

Thank you for getting back to me.

I am saying that they fill in the name field and the name field is blank in the email I receive but it is showing up in their profiles

Below is an example of the form response that I receive when someone joins the level 0. The lines that have no information entered like First Name: Last Name:, show up in their profiles, so they are entering the information, but I am not receiving it in the email.

New User Registration for : Companions of Wisdom

User ID: 156

Username: Jane Doe

Email: l@pddmail.com

IP Address: 71.33.200.145

First Name:

Last Name:

Who Referred You:

Your Country: USA

State: CO

City: Gold Hill

About My Life:

Professional Life:

Spiritual Journey:

Additional Information:

YES I Read The Guidelines: YES

Posted: Wednesday Feb 6th, 2013 at 7:05 pm #40947
Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up.

Could you please send us a login so we can further diagnose what may be happening?

See: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Thank you.

Posted: Wednesday Feb 6th, 2013 at 7:10 pm #40948
Loretta

I wish i could but I am not allowed to let any one else access the site. They are very freaky about it.

Is there anything that you can suggest that I can look into? I can edit php, I am no programmer, but I am not inexperienced.

thanks;

Loretta

Posted: Thursday Feb 7th, 2013 at 7:36 pm #41118
Staff Member

Under General Options then Registration, Registration/Profile Fields & Options… I added additional fields to the Open registration form….

The issue is with the email that is sent to the Admin when someone signs up using he Open Registration form

You pointed me to the Registration/Profile Fields — not to the email.

Posted: Thursday Feb 7th, 2013 at 7:47 pm #41126
Loretta

I do not get why you are understanding what I am asking.

When members sign up the admin of the site gets an email.

This email has the new members first name, last name, email address IP address and some other information.

This email is suppose to contain the responses that were typed into the registration form, but the form has the name of the form field, but where the response should be is blank.

Some of the fields are showing but things like First Name: Last Name: are blank even though the person has filled them in.

I

Here is what we receive:

User ID: 156

Username: Jane Doe

Email: l@pddmail.com

IP Address: 71.33.200.145

First Name:

Last Name:

Who Referred You:

Your Country: USA

State: CO

City: Gold Hill

About My Life:

Professional Life:

Spiritual Journey:

Additional Information:

YES I Read The Guidelines: YES

Posted: Thursday Feb 7th, 2013 at 7:56 pm #41131
Staff Member

I do not get why you are understanding what I am asking.

When members sign up the admin of the site gets an email.

This email has the new members first name, last name, email address IP address and some other information.

This email is suppose to contain the responses that were typed into the registration form, but the form has the name of the form field, but where the response should be is blank.

Some of the fields are showing but things like First Name: Last Name: are blank even though the person has filled them in.

What email? The content of this email comes from somewhere. Where?
Posted: Thursday Feb 7th, 2013 at 8:59 pm #41143
Loretta

It is generated by the s2member script, when someone registers , at least the form fields are set up in s2member so I assume your script is also executing the instructions to send the email from the site to the admin to the admins email address.

If you are looking for something more specific tell me this.

When someone registers for level 0 in s2member is it not set to send a copy of the form to the admin email address?

These are the form results I am trying to describe. I assumed the email is sent through s2member because I was able to add additional form fields to the registration form from s2member, if this is handled by wordpress then at least I know where to look for the issue, but I need you to confirm that.

I am not trying to give you the run around, and I can’t understand why you aren’t getting what I am referring to.

Posted: Thursday Feb 7th, 2013 at 9:26 pm #41152
Staff Member

OK. So we still need to determine where this email is coming from. I understand now that you’re unsure about where it is coming from. If you’re unsure about this, let’s assume for a moment that it’s one of the following emails that you’re receiving.

1. The default email that comes to an Administrator whenever someone registers in WordPress®. This email is usually VERY basic (i.e. it would not contain any of those additional details unless a plugin was modifying this email for you).

2. You’re receiving an s2Member-modified version of the default email message; which is off by default in all s2Member® installations. If you’ve enabled this email notification customization; then you would know it.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Email Configuration
Under this section, please see the customization options for the Administrative Notification.

3. It’s also possible that you’re receiving an email that you configured with another plugin; unrelated to s2Member®. Please advise. Thanks!

Posted: Monday Feb 11th, 2013 at 2:27 pm #41411
Loretta

No I only added some form fields using s2member admin area. I will go over all of my settings again, with this new knowledge and see if I can determine what is going on.

Thanks for the new info.

Posted: Monday Feb 11th, 2013 at 3:01 pm #41413
Loretta

Under S2Member |General Options| Email Configuration| Administrative New User Notification, it looks like all the fields are correct;

User ID: %%user_id%%

Username: %%user_login%%

Email: %%user_email%%

IP Address: %%user_ip%%

First Name: %%first-name%%

Last Name: %%last-name%%

Who Referred You: %%who-referred-you%%

Your Country: %%country%%

State: %%state%%

City: %%city%%

About My Life: %%your-life%%

Professional Life: %%professiional-life%%

Spiritual Journey: %%my-journey%%

Additional Information: %%additional-information%%

YES I Read The Guidelines: %%yes_read_guidelines%%

Posted: Wednesday Feb 13th, 2013 at 11:51 pm #41649
Bruce
Staff Member

Thank your for the follow-up. We appreciate your patience.

Can you please confirm that the slugs you are using (such as professiional-life) are correct as of what’s within your setup in Custom Profile/Regstration Fields? If if is, please send us login information so that we can run diagnostics.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields

s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.