latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Need a few answer before I spend $129

Home Forums Community Forum Need a few answer before I spend $129

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jul 20th, 2012 at 1:35 pm #19844

Hi, I’ve been looking a few different options for the site i want to build and I’m hoping this will do what I want or at least have the ability to adjust it. A few questions prior to buying:

1) When members sign up, do they have a “profile” that is customizable?
2) Can I have 2 different profiles for different levels of membership?
3) Is everything easily integrated with PayPal for their monthly payments to recur?
4) Would I be able to add a layer in that allows “recommendations” much like LinkedIN uses?
5) How dynamic is the “search”? Does it have advanced options?

That’s all I can think of for now!

Thank you, Amanda

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jul 20th, 2012 at 2:49 pm #19847
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Amanda,

1) When members sign up, do they have a “profile” that is customizable?

Yes, but it is the default WordPress profile customization, you can use a different one provided by s2Member, you can find it under:
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Member Profile Modifications
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Member Profile Modifications

2) Can I have 2 different profiles for different levels of membership?

No, this is currently not possible with s2Member.

3) Is everything easily integrated with PayPal for their monthly payments to recur?

Yes, you would just need to follow the instructions in this video:
Video » s2Member (PayPal® Options/Buttons)

4) Would I be able to add a layer in that allows “recommendations” much like LinkedIN uses?

You would be able to do this, but s2Member does not offer this functionality by default, you would have to hire a developer to do this for you.

5) How dynamic is the “search”? Does it have advanced options?

What search function are you referring to?

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Friday Jul 20th, 2012 at 3:13 pm #19852

Thank you so much! Clarification:

#2 – So, I can’t have a basic member where their profile only shows Name, description, email and then a premium member where the profile shows Name, description, email, website, services?

#5 – if a member wants to search for another member, is there a dynamic search available? Can they searc by area, service etc?

Posted: Friday Jul 20th, 2012 at 5:01 pm #19857
Eduan
Username: Eduan

#2 – So, I can’t have a basic member where their profile only shows Name, description, email and then a premium member where the profile shows Name, description, email, website, services?

Actually, I gave you wrong info, you can, but you would have to use s2Member conditionals in order to do that, you can find them under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Advanced PHP Conditionals.

And you can find an article about them here: Knowledge Base » s2Member® Conditionals

#5 – if a member wants to search for another member, is there a dynamic search available? Can they searc by area, service etc?

I’m afraid there isn’t something like this at this moment, you would have to use a 3rd party plugin for this.

Hope this helps. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.