latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Need clear WRITTEN Instructions (not videos)

Home Forums Community Forum Need clear WRITTEN Instructions (not videos)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Andy Nickless 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Apr 15th, 2013 at 7:54 am #47484

I paid for s2Member Pro some months ago, and I have to say I’m anything but pleased with it.

I’ve tried for countless hours to make sense of your videos, but for the life of me I cannot understand why someone doesn’t sit down and WRITE some clear, concise step-by-step instructions.

Following videos is all very well, but you have to keep stopping and starting them, and if you come back to them later, they are not searchable – you can never find a particular paragraph without watching the whole thing through again and again.

Furthermore, your videos are clearly out of date – some even have crude edits stuck on the end. If you WROTE some instructions, it would be simple to keep them updated as required.

My particular problem is with your codes for integrating JW Player and s3 / Cloudfront. All seems to be configured, s2Member tells me the s3 / Cloudfront side is configured, I have RAW HTML and Exec-PHP installed (and boxes ticked).

JW Player 6 Plugin for WordPress works fine (as a WP Plugin) but in accordance with your video, I downloaded JW Player and put it in the root of my domain, then deactivated the plugin and when I put your code for – JW Player® (RTMP streaming MP4, via s2Member’s Amazon® S3/CloudFront integration) – in a page, the php code appears on the page instead of a video player.

I’ve searched your forum until close to tears, but I can’t find anything relevant.

I’ve also searched to find out how to add the links for my s3 files – to no avail.
This is not good enough.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Apr 15th, 2013 at 7:55 pm #47553
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your thoughts.

We’ll take your suggestions into account.

in a page, the php code appears on the page instead of a video player.

s2Member now comes with a JW Player Shortcode that should help simplify a lot of this. Try following the written instructions here:

Knowledge Base » JW Player® w/ s2Stream Shortcodes

Posted: Tuesday Apr 16th, 2013 at 11:08 am #47608

Those written instructions and the JW6 shortcode are great, thanks so much for that.
All seems to be working well now.

I was actually making the mistake of adding the full url of the video.mov file rather than just the file name:
http://bucketname.s3.amazonaws.com/video.mp4

In fact, all I had to do was include the actual name of the movie, because s2Member already knows the rest.

Now I need to figure out how to add the thumbnail image to the player. . .

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.