latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Need some help w/ mysterious JW Player issue!

Home Forums Community Forum Need some help w/ mysterious JW Player issue!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Todd 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Dec 21st, 2012 at 8:47 pm #35293
RossGrant
Username: RossGrant

Hey guys!

Firstly, Seasons Greetings, and thanks for an amazing year with S2Member!

I’ve just started to run some theme updates on my staging server to enhance some stuff for 2013 and I’ve come across a really strange issue with JW Player and the S2 Cloudfront integration.

The setup works like a charm on my existing set up on my production site, but now I have updated my theme on staging something that has changed with the framework I use is stopping the actual JW player from appearing.

It’s pretty weird as when I look at the page source I can see the JWPlayer markup, it seems like the actual process is working, the file is being served, everything looks fine – but the actual player isn’t appearing.

In it’s place is just white space set to the same size that the player should be.

I don’t see any errors in Firebug either.

To get to the bottom of it is going to be a bit of a guessing game at first I think as there have probably been a lot of changes to the framework of the theme I’m using that I’m not aware of and there are no detailed docs on all of the things they have changed.

I was just wondering if those with experience of JW Player and S2 could point me in the sort of direction of where to look?

Has anyone had the player load in theory like I am seeing, but it not actually appear?

Thanks so much for your help, as ever it’s very much appreciated! :)

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Dec 22nd, 2012 at 7:02 pm #35371
RossGrant

Here’s a link to one of the pages on the staging site that should be showing the player.

You’ll see the white space only after the ‘Watch a preview’ title:

http://bit.ly/Yzj5dw

Would LOVE some help with this if anyone has any ideas what can cause this.

It’s definitely a change in the theme that I’m using after updating it, but I have no idea what kind of thing to look for.

If I change to the default theme, it all works great, and it still works in the older version of the theme I’m running.

Posted: Saturday Dec 22nd, 2012 at 9:20 pm #35388
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Ross,

If you’re sure that the problem is the theme then I think your best bet is to contact your theme’s developer and ask him to look into it.

He’s sure to know what changed and have much more luck on looking into the problem.

– Eduan

Posted: Sunday Dec 23rd, 2012 at 12:15 am #35395
Todd
Username: tdaubs

I’m not sure this will be any help but I’m wondering if when you authenticate your Amazon S3 credentials in the S2 settings, if after moving the domain, you might need to do it again?

Posted: Sunday Dec 23rd, 2012 at 3:26 am #35413
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Ross,

You might want to check your theme’s changelog for any changes regarding jQuery or other JavaScript features. By what you’ve said in your first post, the file is being sent by Amazon, but is not actually being played, correct?

Posted: Sunday Dec 23rd, 2012 at 6:23 am #35422
RossGrant

That’s correct Bruce.

Unfortunately there isn’t a change log as the framework the theme is running from is really a beta version and it’s not well documented yet.

There are no JS errors showing, so would that suggest a JQuery issue?

Any advice would be great!

Posted: Sunday Dec 23rd, 2012 at 10:25 am #35434
RossGrant

Fixed this guys!

It looks like JW Player has issue with responsive themes.

When I turned off the responsive scripts in the theme it sprung back into life.

Anyone else had issues with JW Player and responsive themes?

Posted: Sunday Dec 23rd, 2012 at 12:18 pm #35440
Todd
Username: tdaubs

Yes, I have the same issue. I am using a theme from the MySiteMyWay people and I have been unable to get JWPlayer working with responsive settings turned on.

I’m still making efforts to fix this issue. I believe there is a js conflict somewhere but I have been unable to troubleshoot it.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.