latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Need to 2 use different PayPal IPN's

Home Forums Community Forum Need to 2 use different PayPal IPN's

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Aug 17th, 2012 at 10:00 am #22354
RossGrant
Username: RossGrant

Hi guys,

I have had my S2Member setup for over a year now, it’s awesome and it takes away so much of the headache of worrying about PayPal subscriptions.

I currently have my PayPal IPN set to the S2Member default IPN that it gives you in the Paypal options in the dashboard.

Now I have just installed a new feature on my site that enables people to post a notice for a small price.

It works through Gravity Forms and the Gravity Forms PayPal extension needs a different PayPal IPN set for it to work.

Now from what I can tell, as I only use PayPal standard and not Pro, is that S2 actually sets it’s own IPN through the PayPal button code generated by S2?

That would in theory mean that I can change the 1 IPN set inside my PayPal account to the one needed for Gravity Forms?

Is that right or would it be better to future proof this set up by installing an IPN script that would work with multiple plugins on my site?

I’m not well versed in how IPN’s work really so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ross :)

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  RossGrant.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Aug 18th, 2012 at 7:41 am #22427

That’s correct, Ross. Your PayPal IPN would be the default, which you can use for Gravity Forms, and s2Member sets the IPN on each transaction. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® IPN Integration -> More info[/hilite]

*Quick Tip* In addition to the default IPN settings inside your PayPal® account, the IPN URL is also set on a per-transaction basis by the special PayPal® Button Code that s2Member provides you with. In other words, if you have multiple sites operating on one PayPal® account, that’s OK. s2Member dynamically sets the IPN URL for each transaction. The result is that the IPN URL configured from within your PayPal® account, becomes the default, which is then overwritten on a per-transaction basis. In fact, PayPal® recently updated their system to support IPN URL preservation. One PayPal® account can handle multiple sites, all using different IPN URLs.

*NOT True w/ PayPal® Pro* With PayPal® Pro integration you absolutely MUST set an IPN URL inside your PayPal® account. PayPal® Pro integration does NOT allow the IPN location to be overridden on a per-transaction basis. If you’re using a single PayPal® Pro account for multiple cross-domain installations, and you need to receive IPN notifications for each of your domains; you’ll want to create a central IPN processing script that scans variables in each IPN response, forking itself out to each of your individual domains. In rare cases when this is necessary, you’ll find two variables in all IPN responses for s2Member. The originating domain name ( i.e. cristian.websharks-inc.net ) will always be included somewhere within, either: custom and/or rp_invoice_id; depending on the type of transaction. These variables can be used to test incoming IPNs, and fork to the proper installation. For your convenience, an example script has been provided inside: /s2m-pro-extras/paypal-central-ipn.php. You can download all Extras here: s2m-pro-extras.zip.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Saturday Aug 18th, 2012 at 7:46 am #22429
RossGrant
Username: RossGrant

Thanks Cristian, I’ll set the PayPal IPN to the one needed for Gravity forms and then simply leave S2 to create it’s on IPN setting on a per button basis.

Have a great weekend,

Ross :)

Posted: Saturday Aug 18th, 2012 at 8:47 am #22435

Cool. You too! :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.